The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
surely inspired by the original Les Paul gtr....the log!

Reactions: aC2rs

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
I like his channel too. Lots of interesting stuff in there.

I'm not sure I agree that the log sounds great...

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
And yet i find it doesn't sound very good at all.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Sounds pretty good for a hunk of rough lumber with a cheapo series Epiphone neck screwed onto it. Maybe I should have said, "it sounds much better than it looks". :)

Did you watch his tone wood video too? I was sold on the mahogany, no contest. Until I turned away from the monitor and just listened instead of watching. Suddenly, they all sounded the same. (to me)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sounds pretty good for a hunk of rough lumber with a cheapo series Epiphone neck screwed onto it. Maybe I should have said, "it sounds much better than it looks". :)

Did you watch his tone wood video too? I was sold on the mahogany, no contest. Until I turned away from the monitor and just listened instead of watching. Suddenly, they all sounded the same. (to me)
You mean the one above with mahogany, maple and PT soft wood? Yes I did listen to it and hear a big difference in sound when he moves to the PT lumber, and slight difference between mahogany and maple. You can even hear a difference when he plays them acoustically before plugging in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts