The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Damn, never heard of Sorokin before, but that goldtop is beautiful!
Thank you very much!

Yep. Heard of him via Facebook. Check out his past builds. One at a time, incredible detail.
Thanks! Detailing the process is half the fun for me as I love photography also.

I just looked up his website. Looks like he builds some nice fine guitars! Definitely my style, as I prefer the vintage-inspired variety.
Thanks! And me too; Anything vintage and P90's is my thing.

He hangs around here sometimes, maybe he’ll stop in and chat the guitars up.
They are really nice, played a couple at a local shop, beautiful.
Thanks Vadsy!

Alex's work is top notch! I think he's about to get exponentially busy.
Much appreciated; I have definitely received more inquiries than normal since my build popped up in Joeys hands this past month; however, I don't do this full time, and as such don't take custom orders...unless you're Joey Landreth lol. Thats why I only sell through Stang Guitars whenever anything is finished.

Stang's will have one or two of them hanging on the wall from time to time...very, very nice.
Thats correct; Stang Guitars is the only place that sells my builds, and I'm hoping to have some there (a couple at least) before the snow flies this year.

I was looking through the website for probably a good 30 min just at the the junior type build. Looks so good.
Thanks man!

This build was quite the honour for me; and the best part was making a close new friend in Joey; the nicest, most generous guy you could ever meet.
He reached out to me a year ago after demo'ing this guitar for Carter Vintage Guitars (I recommend you watch all of his demo's on their YouTube page if you haven't)
I was able to wrap it up mere days before their big Winnipeg Symphony show on June 20th, and after a last minute decision, was able to personally deliver the instrumet to Joey, sit in at all sound checks, and basically geek out like a 12 year old fan boy front row all night watching him never put it down.

These pic's of that magical night are from The Bro's Landreth Facebook page, courtesy of BNB Studios:
And of course, like a trillion more pics of it and the build process over here on my site.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Alex makes beautiful guitars and he's just a nice guy:) This is great story.

·
Premium Member
28,362 Posts
Brent Mason is probably my favorite country player, but I think I would be too overwhelmed by his playing to remember anything useful in that kind of setting. I noticed another fantastic player Johnny Hiland was at the Kiesel booth with a new signature guitar.

I was standing around the Kiesel booth for a bit, when Hiland was there. That fella is one nimble picker. While not at all height-challenged, I thought he'd be taller. His model of guitar reminds me, in some ways, of Guthrie Govan's Charvel. Both are 3-pickup guitars with a simple interface and finish intended to let the guitar "breathe". Not to say they are somehow "copycats", but both players are very agile speed-demons. One wonders how much such thin "non-finishes" facilitate such players' ability to think fast about runs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.