The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24,341 Posts
There IS a reason why I love this town. When we were out your way late May, our son took us to the site of the "Park Avenue Sobriety Test".

·
Registered
347 Posts
You need to reread the Great Canadian Guitarist thread, he was mentioned more than once, and deservedly so.
He puts on a really great show, one of my favourite artists, which I have @vadsy to thank for (though he refuses to celebrate that fact with me).

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
saw him here in town...great great show...have a couple of his LP's
we wanted to get over to Park Ave when we were in Halifax last year, but time got the better of us

·
Registered
911 Posts
My wife and I had the pleasure of attending a wedding in Ontario a few years ago and Joel and his father were the hired entertainment.

It was a small outdoor wedding on a farm at night. Joel and his father flew in from Nova Scotia and played 2 sets under the stars and amongst the evergreens. Between sets, he mingled with the crowd and even autographed the the chest of the drunk father of the bride.

It was an incredible night.

Not only is he a great singer/songwriter, he has an eye for talent as he produced Mo Kenny’s first album (as well as Sara Slean’s album Land).

This video is Mo Kenny with Joel sing/playing. They sound great together.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
My wife and I had the pleasure of attending a wedding in Ontario a few years ago and Joel and his father were the hired entertainment.

It was a small outdoor wedding on a farm at night. Joel and his father flew in from Nova Scotia and played 2 sets under the stars and amongst the evergreens. Between sets, he mingled with the crowd and even autographed the the chest of the drunk father of the bride.

Not only is he a great singer/songwriter, he has an eye for talent as he produced Mo Kenny’s first album (as well as Sara Slean’s album Land).

Wait till you see Mo's new-to-her early 60s ES335. It's stunning. She let me play it a few months back after a show at the Seahorse Tavern, and it was great. Her and I grew up together.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Wait till you see Mo's new-to-her early 60s ES335. It's stunning. She let me play it a few months back after a show at the Seahorse Tavern, and it was great. Her and I grew up together.
My wife and I met her after her show here in London in October. She opened for The Fortunate Ones (another fantastic East Coast band!).

Edit: there is a lot of great Canadian musicians/bands these days. Jenn Grant is another amazing artist whose last album (Paradise) blew me away. Personaly, I think it’s as strong as SMacLachlan’s Fumbling album from ‘92. Surprised it did not win more Junos this past year.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

That would be amazing. I wonder how much that cost.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts