The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,083 Posts
When he was in his slump somewhere between Woodstock and his later resurgence, I saw him in a small club in Toronto 37 years ago. Good show.

·
Premium Member
8,691 Posts
Not first hand, but a woman I worked with saw a show in Regina, where there was another big name act I forget. I guess Joe puked all over the stage and was more or less incoherent. His cleaning up and resurgence in the late 80's or early 90's was inspirational.

I'll be watching this one, thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Mad Dogs and Englishmen was my favourite album when I was in high school. Do any of you remember the Joe Cocker shirts?

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I watched it...pretty good.

I only saw Joe once and that was opening for Tina Turner back in the 90s. My wife was somehow able to get 6th row floor tickets (this was before online sales) and I wasn't even aware that he was opening the show. He was in great form and of course Tina was Tina.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Good documentary. What a voice!

Reactions: greco

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Saw it the other night, good doc, even the wife liked it.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Good documentary. What a voice![/QUOTE]

Very few would say that. However, his voice and stage presence was unique and his passion showed through very clearly. He was the first concert I saw at the old Maple Leaf Gardens back in the '70's. I couldn't believe the stadium wasn't packed but that was during his days with his serious alcohol problem.

·
Premium Member
5,306 Posts
wife & I went to see Joe 4 times in the "after he cleaned up" days. Every show was fantastic. We'll be watching that movie for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts