The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,101 Posts
I think there's like 346 ish different rundowns for Joe. He changes his rig almost as much as Chuck.

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
I don't know why he gets so much hate - at least on some forums. He collects nice old LP's and tours and plays them. I'll take him over someone like Paul Allen any day of the week.

His music's not totally my cup a cup a, but it's a big world out there. Joe's a gearhead with big money and lots of talent. Good on him!

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
I don't know why he gets so much hate - at least on some forums. He collects nice old LP's and tours and plays them. I'll take him over someone like Paul Allen any day of the week.

His music's not totally my cup a cup a, but it's a big world out there. Joe's a gearhead with big money and lots of talent. Good on him!
No hate here. He's entertaining and I dont mean his music, haha. I love his comments criticizing pedal users when he used to rock a big board of expensive pedals!

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
No hate here. He's entertaining and I dont mean his music, haha. I love his comments criticizing pedal users when he used to rock a big board of expensive pedals!
LOL I think I recall that shitstorm. Something about players that have chops and accentuate them with pedals vs players with pedals to make up for a lack of chops.

Not good politics, but I don't think Joe's running for anything. Well, CEO of Gibson, maybe. But like POTUS, that's more about buying your way in than popularity.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL I think I recall that shitstorm. Something about players that have chops and accentuate them with pedals vs players with pedals to make up for a lack of chops.

Not good politics, but I don't think Joe's running for anything. Well, CEO of Gibson, maybe. But like POTUS, that's more about buying your way in than popularity.
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Joe Banamassa Signature Les Paul down the road, if one doesn't exist already.

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Joe Banamassa Signature Les Paul down the road, if one doesn't exist already.
There's oodles of them and a few other models.

H71169000001000-00-500x500.jpg
download.jpeg
LPJBBBSAPBNH1_FINISHES_FAMILY.jpg
lg_aec3dd553c068a407ce9ca57f5995178.jpg

Reactions: butterknucket

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I am going to see him October 31st in Ottawa. I really dig some of his music, not all of it. But I think he’s done a great job carving out a place for himself in a crazy business. I respect that, it’s hard to do these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
He also went through some tough times before really 'making it'. Break up with gf, career not going well, etc.

He never has had that one big hit and keeps going via word of mouth, I guess. My neighbors went and say him a couple of years ago - they are in their 60s and not musicians. So he's seems to be getting the word out to the regular mom and pops.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Thoroughly enjoyed that! I think JB is hilarious. That was a crazy line up of amps. Can't imagine what that would sound like in person. I'm curious to see him live, but tickets for his recent show at the Sony Centre were through the roof.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts