The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah...but he's such a whore, its so hard.............
If you watched the video you would have know he said that himself. Do watch the the Doug and Pat series. They know their guitar shit. I assume you did watch at least part of the video, or do you just don't like Bonamassa and express you opinion of him without watching it.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
He contributes to the pockets of whomever will pay him to slap his name on whatever pos article of gear they feel like cranking out.

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
He contributes to the pockets of whomever will pay him to slap his name on whatever pos article of gear they feel like cranking out.
Joe hasn't relied on records companies, PR men, and other corporate types to run and direct his career for years, He does it himself. His has his own record company, website, merchandise with the help of people knows, and he hires. You don't have to like it. I don't care for this website and marketing approach either. But to consider this whoring because he chooses to run his own career? Geezuz!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
I haven't watched it yet but I will. I love Doug and Pat, I've seen all their episodes. Not a big JB fan but like him or not he's doing his best to keep guitar playing in the limelight and the guitar world needs that right now.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I dunno that he slaps his name on any old dross. I get the impression that he actually loves a lot of different gear (LP, 335, Firebird) etc etc, so when he's approached to get out his version of such a thing, he's happy to do it.

His music isn't my thing, and I could do without quite as much signature gear, but I don't blame him for that. He obviously gets excited by it all. Best of luck to him.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I haven’t really enjoyed his music until about 2 albums ago - finally put out tunes I liked with solos I could sit through. But always appreciated he has strong technique and that he has been pretty successful at getting good sized venues filled up.

Being outspoken like he has been strikes many people as self-serving, but every musician wanting to make a living could learn a thing to two from what he does. He also admits he knows he’s in an enviable position to but whatever gear he wants.

Looking forward to watching the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
No one applauding his work with Black Country Communion? though Glenn Hughes does stand out more i think

1 - 20 of 26 Posts