3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: amagras

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I can see the point that he was trying to make.
My grandmother had a saying.... "There's a difference between scratching your are arse and tearing it up!". He didn't just slam guys with spaceship boards, he slammed everyone. Even if that is what he thinks this week, historically he was a pedal buff. He has/had endorsements and signature model pedals, If nothing else it's a poor business decision.

Reactions: sulphur

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
bah, who cares?

lets all boycott everything JB endorses, because he offended some guitar players with his opinion!!

how terrible

Reactions: colchar

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bah, who cares?

lets all boycott everything JB endorses, because he offended some guitar players with his opinion!!

how terrible
I don't find anything besides trumps face and maybe nickleback offensive... I was making fun of his business sense. If you didn't read the article take a peek and you'll see what I mean.

·
Banned
11,532 Posts
My grandmother had a saying.... "There's a difference between scratching your are arse and tearing it up!". He didn't just slam guys with spaceship boards, he slammed everyone. Even if that is what he thinks this week, historically he was a pedal buff. He has/had endorsements and signature model pedals, If nothing else it's a poor business decision.

He seemed to be talking about those who own boutique pedals and other gear but who can't play - he did mention not being able to play a chord and asked those types to pick up an acoustic. I think I get what he was saying, but he just said it poorly.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Because he just made an asshat of himself and alienated ever guitar player that uses pedals.... not bad for a guy with several signature pedals. What a douchenozzel!

Joe Bonamassa Calls Pedalheads "Lazy" in New Interview

I don't have an issue with it. Sure, joe is full of himself, but if any of us were as good, we'd eventually be full of ourselves too.

And, well if firebird sales tank, I'll be able to pick one up cheap

·
Registered
383 Posts
Probably just got stiffed on FleaBay for a vintage Dallas-Arbiter FuzzFace sold by a Nigerian seller?

Seriously, he has a bunch of signature pedals by Dunlop/MXR, and he is known to have a pedalboard of effects while playing live. Whatever his intentions were, the way he said does not make him (or Dunlop) look good. Indeed, it's from one's soul and fingers, not the gadgets.

Dunlop should focus their marketing efforts on his signature wah pedal with this copy on the ad: "The ultimate Cry Baby."

Disclaimer: not a fan of his music. Derek Trucks, likewise a contemporary player, has way more soul and conviction (IMHO).

·
Premium Member
8,894 Posts
I don't have any opinion of him, but heard on a some other forums that people don't really like him.
This video however I liked and it really goes well in pair with this talk:

hope you like it
My biggest issue with this video is that his hands/pick/fingers/attack changes for every change in tone - a HUGE factor. It's misleading.

I still like the video though.

I've never had an issue with guys who can't play and cover it up with effects. I have an issue when they pretend that they can play and give advice when they don't have a clue.

And,..speaking of no clue...I tried one of these firebirds that everyone was going on about.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I never really got into JB's music, but he's a great guitar player and from what I've read, I like him

he definitely tapped into the " old guy who's into collecting gear" audience.

I bet there's not many girls throwing their panties on stage....probably lots of old guys throwing their saggy underwear on stage, though?

maybe that's why he's bitter :D

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I never really got into JB's music, but he's a great guitar player and from what I've read, I like him

he definitely tapped into the " old guy who's into collecting gear" audience.

I bet there's not many girls throwing their panties on stage....probably lots of old guys throwing their saggy underwear on stage, though?

maybe that's why he's bitter :D
Lol. too funny

As for his music, some of it's hit and miss for me. At first I didn't like most of it, but when I really started to listen holy shit is he an amazing player. What I like and what I don't like is both one thing; too clean. I mean there's not enough sloppy. I am a ham fisted player. I like my blues nasty, a bit sloppy and a bit grungy. Not super precise and perfect.

What I don't really get is a sound of his own, possibly because he can nail anybody's sound. I only have three CD so far, out of those Dustbowl is my favorite. I'm still looking to pick up some more CDs with his more aclaimmed work. ( albums with ballad of John Henry and sloe gin etc. )

I can kind of get why some people I don't like him, but to me it just seems like an average guy totally immersed in music and gear. I'd sooner listen to him talk than the majority of the attitude cases and super-inflated egos in rock.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.