The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
Already got my 2 tickets. Row 2, centre stage. Vancouver Nov 30. Pre-sale for registered fans. If anyone wants a pre-sale code, I can help you out.
See you there!

·
Premium Member
8,558 Posts
What 's the crowd at a concert like this look like?

I picture a bunch of upper-middle class dudes wearing sunglasses and wreaking of cologne wishing they could play slide with JB's penis, but I'm probably wrong.

·
Registered
12,147 Posts

I picture a bunch of upper-middle class dudes wearing sunglasses and wreaking of cologne wishing they could play slide with JB's penis, but I'm probably wrong.
they also have their wives with them as chaperones

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The "solo" acts are usually pretty subdued. I have been to many of them ie Satch, Vai, BB, Johnson, Petrucci etc etc. Usually middle aged guitar players just staring and feeling totally inadequate by the end of the evening. I know that's how I feel when I see these guy's play.

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,250 Posts
The "solo" acts are usually pretty subdued. I have been to many of them ie Satch, Vai, BB, Johnson, Petrucci etc etc. Usually middle aged guitar players just staring and feeling totally inadequate by the end of the evening. I know that's how I feel when I see these guy's play.
Don't get me wrong, JB is a hell of a player. He's only a decent singer though and his music (aside from the playing) it's MEH!

·
Premium Member
8,558 Posts
Don't get me wrong, JB is a hell of a player. He's only a decent singer though and his music (aside from the playing) it's MEH!
For me it's a tone thing. He can get fantastic tone.

Even though he continually mentions he rips off other guy's styles, he doesn't do anything to change it. He does the same blues scale over and over. when he wants to add flare, he adds Eric Johnson's flare. It's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen from a famous guitarist.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,088 Posts

Is that b/c it’s too small? Brings a whole new meaning to 1 9/16” nut width.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Although I respect his gear geekdom & give him props for carrying that torch, I wholeheartedly agree with previous posts about his voice & songwriting being “meh” at best. In my mind he’s a “technically proficient guitar player” with great collection of vintage guitars.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I’ve seen him once and that’s enough for me.
The only performance I really enjoy is the live show he did with Beth Hart in Amsterdam. Here he played with soul , left some room to breath etc. His solo act is non stop riffs n scales no hooks to really grab me.
That’s me , but to shredders he’s a guitar god. Not gonna knock him , he can play.

·
Premium Member
4,033 Posts
The guy has the chops and then some, but yeah I've seen him once and I'm good. I liked him most when he was a pudgy 17 year old kid tearing the roof off places. His new image, and incessant online marketing team is enough to turn anyone off. I do not need a $3000 "limited edition" JB print in my living room. Nor do I need a JB ashtray, tea cozy, or bobblehead. The guy has lost his way. More power to him for making a living doing what he loves, but I won't be partaking anymore.

·
Premium Member
13,179 Posts
Skip the first minute, but this is the best rendition of just got paid/dazed and confused

Reactions: fretzel and Sneaky

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I’ve seen Joe and he’s a great talent.
Any doubts ?!
Checkout :

Great concert from Royal Albert hall , with many fine tunes and Clapton.
Two drummers and brass , gotta luv it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts