·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Peavey Wolfgang EVH Wolfgang Charvel Style 2
1,487 Posts
L&M must have been betting on one of the many collecters around the city to just come in and buy it for the sake of having it. But those guys want a JH Strat don't they. Thats a $10 000 mistake.
Cool guitar but man what a price tag. i'd only spend tha ton an AMP... LOL
By the way... nice guitar... the Martin OMC Laurence Juber Signature Model that is.

Khing

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
Jimi loved his flying Vs. He had three or four. The last one was made for him by Gibson just before he died, a custom lefty. I've seen a least two or three YouTube vids with him using his V. Amazing how he could make it sound almost like his strat.

I think Jimi could have played an Epiphone Zephyr with a Bigsby and he still would has sounded the same.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Gibson has no shame about trying to milk the dead guys. So what makes that V so special ? I'm pretty sure that the paint job isn't worth six or seven grand. I would really like to know what (other than the paint job) is so different from a production V that drives price so much. My guess in not much.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Idiots with too much money.

You can play it or put it on the wall. Fn morons.

I love my Les Paul but I HATE Gibson's marketing.

Other than the little girl that knows the Les Paul commercial.

For 10K lets' see

A Tony Rice S.C.Nocaster, High end Strat, 336, a nice nylon string, and a bootique amp. All used, but in ggod shape.

I never like guitars you can't play sitting down.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Lowtones said:
Gibson has no shame about trying to milk the dead guys.
And Fender doesn't? :confused-smiley-010

Oh, that's right, they milk living guys as well (the ridiculously priced Clapton strat repro). Haha.

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
nine said:
And Fender doesn't? :confused-smiley-010

Oh, that's right, they milk living guys as well (the ridiculously priced Clapton strat repro). Haha.

If I had to choose between Blackie and the V, I'd choose the V. I never liked his Blackie Era stuff that much. On second thought, I'd much rather have EC's ES335.

·
Premium Member
16,492 Posts
It's a beautiful guitar and I'd say it would be worth about $1000 ~ $1500 to me but really no more than that and I'd have to do some work to it to be able to really use it anyway.

I've always wanted a V but never bought one for some reason.

$10K for a guitar is excessive. It's a collector thing I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts