The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,613 Posts
A little over the top with the future guest list. I actually took the headline seriously (WTF??) until I saw what site it was on. My humour detection meter was turned off, not enough coffee yet.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Am I the only one that actually misses some of his interviews? I think its ridiculous that CBC deleted it from their archives.

One of my fav's was an interview with good ol' Billy Bob Thorton. Billy insisted before the interview to only talk about his band and when Jian brought up his acting Billy totally lost his shit!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Am I the only one that actually misses some of his interviews? I think its ridiculous that CBC deleted it from their archives.
I agree to some extent. It's a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water. The guy arguably deserved what happened to him but does that make his body of work worthless now?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I agree to some extent. It's a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water. The guy arguably deserved what happened to him but does that make his body of work worthless now?
I'm guessing it's easier than having to take flack for not deleting them.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm guessing it's easier than having to take flack for not deleting them.
I agree with both of you. As a public broadcaster with the rights to the show, how much of it being 'his' work is likely the crux of the issue. Should they syndicate it or broadcast reruns? Probably not but it should be available if requested. Just another constant PC hurdle in our modern world.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
One of my fav's was an interview with good ol' Billy Bob Thorton. Billy insisted before the interview to only talk about his band and when Jian brought up his acting Billy totally lost his shit!
I liked that one because I always thought JG was a jerk right from his Moxy Fruvous days. He was told ahead of time what he must not do, and agreed to it. Then that sadist part of him must have took over and he tried to screw with BBT. Thornton seemed to have a sense of what JG was about long before most others did. My preference would have been if BBT had just dropped him on the spot. "Let's go to commercial!". ;)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Totally. The sadist in me is what loved it! It was rare to hear that on air and I've heard a fair amount of his show. Honestly though, I see a lot of jerks in Canadian music once they get the slightest bit of cred.

I always wondered how much of the thorough research was actually to his credit. He'd often get big name comments like 'wow, nobody has mentioned that or asked me that' or how did you even know about that'. Probably research stolen from Nardwuar!

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Gian was an asshole and still is!

If it quacks like a duck........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts