The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
If Kelly isn't careful, she's gonna start looking like Jann Arden in no time.

Good performance by the both of them though.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nine said:
If Kelly isn't careful, she's gonna start looking like Jann Arden in no time.

Good performance by the both of them though.

...indeed. i got chills.

and i don't mind seeing jeff on a televised karaoke contest. man's just paying his studio bills. rumour has it he's just released a new cd.

-dh

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
This sort of reminds me how I felt when Jimmy Page teamed up with Puff Daddy. Jesus Christ, Jeff Beck had no reason to that.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Wow Kelly can sing eh????
And as we know Jeff can play (understatement of the century).
Geez I wonder if Jeff would come on Canadian Idol??????
Is the new CD you are talking about the live one from last summer with Vinnie Colaliuta and Pino Palladino?

Pete

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I don't know much, but I don't see the problem with a mature, accomplished musician like Jeff Beck taking someone like Kelly Clarkson under his wing and injecting a little class into her.

If the older generation doesn't pass on or clue the younger generation into their music, then a whole genre of music will simply fade away and be forgotten.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I just find it totally bizarre how a guy like Jeff Beck felt the need to do something like this? He's seemingly never had the slightest interest in mainstream acceptance, post Yardbirds and Jeff Beck Group anyhow. Peter Frampton I could see doing this, Jeff Beck - not so much. :smile:

Jim

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I forgot that this was a charity show...I'll give him a pass on that and that alone. :smile:

Jim

P.S. Because Jeff Beck really requires my approval. :smile:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Jeff Beck is incredible, even moreso in a live setting.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Any chance to see Jeff Beck on TV is a plus. I can't say I'm a fan of Kelly Clarkson, but I thought she sang her ass off.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jim Jones said:
I just find it totally bizarre how a guy like Jeff Beck felt the need to do something like this? He's seemingly never had the slightest interest in mainstream acceptance, post Yardbirds and Jeff Beck Group anyhow. Peter Frampton I could see doing this, Jeff Beck - not so much. :smile:Jim

...jeff has earned the right to do anything he wants. he has absolutely nothing to prove.

-dh

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
traynor_garnet said:
American Idol and Jeff Beck do not mix! :eek: That show stands for everything wrong in music (and society!) today.
TG

...its entertaiment, nothing more. its a "talent contest" aimed at mainstream audiences and mainstream...um...tastes.

that said, i don't have much problem with jeff trying to sell a few records. he has a lot of hot rods to feed.

-dh

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Paul, your post proves we all have a different point of view - which is more than fine. I for one am glad that I only play for the love of playing and don't have to play to pay the bills. If I did my family would starve because I'm extremely opinionated with my musical likes and dislikes.

I'd turn down a gig on American Idol faster than you can say "At least we're not discussing The View". :smile:

Jim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts