The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to decide whether to get a JCM 800 or a Plexi clone. The thing I am not certain about is whether A plexi with a good Overdrive like a fulltone, tubeworks or tubescreamer would sound better or as good at lower volumes than a JCM 800 Marshall? Thanks In advance for the replies.

·
Registered
52 Posts
In my opinion the plexi will sound much better specially with a clean boost in front to bring the amp over the top,a Time Machine Boost pedal will do it so nice (Keeley) but any other mid boost will do it! In the other hand the JCM800 if 2203, 2204, etc...will have more compression overhaul, less dynamics.

WHat are you looking for exactly?

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will tell you one thing. I just plugged my new "Malmsteen" dod 250 onto my Ultra clEAN sOUND cITY 120 WATT tube head through a Marsahll wicker cabinet loaded with old blackbacks and the thing rocked. set on about 3.8 gain and the level cranked, and working the amp knobs to clear up the bass chords at a loweer volume-man, the tone is golden! Thanks DOd, Thanks Yngwie, and thanks to the HIwattt/ Soundcity guy!!( o yea,thanks Leo,RIP)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts