The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would your jazz box of choice be for say around the $5000 mark. No I'm not shopping for one right now :frown: just looking for some opinions.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hi there Bird ! just thought I'd give my 2cents, I've owned some nice ones.

if you look hard enough, 5 grand can buy a nice gibson legrande, campellone, guild, L7, newer L5.

its a very general question: you need to specify if its strictly acoustic arch or intended to have a floater or pu's in the top, all solid or ply: all very different beasts.

If its full on acoustic arch your looking into: I have owned a campellone special, and it was magical @ a fair price. Some gibson's are nice, but you have to try many to find a "ringer".

vintage guild are probably the biggest sleepers around: and the more current benedetto artist awards, x700's are priced less than or around 5 usd , and are exceptional jazz guitars.

you need to play alot of them to see what you like.

any reputable custom builder, and there's lots of them: can make you an amazing archtop, if you go that route, just find a luthier you have the best repoir with, no one wants to have a beautiful guitar made by someone you don't enjoy corresponding with.
good luck looking, archtops are amazing !

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'd go for a mint early model Harmony Espanada :) but I'm weird like that.......and don't have 5K for a guitar......hahaha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts