The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a nice place to sit down and take in some live music. Is there a jazz/blues bar in the area where the wife and I can enjoy a nice meal and a drink?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Jazz/Blues bar in Kitchener area

The Ali Baba Steak House in Waterloo sounds like the kind of place you're looking for. The upstairs was renovated about a year ago into a live entertainment/dinner place with Jazz or Blues on Friday nights. Good meals and kind of upscale.

·
Premium Member
17,423 Posts
The Boathouse in Victoria Park might also be worth considering. Quite small, not very fancy (has sort of an old coffee house feel to it) and only seats about 50 people max. Interesting/different menu at fairly reasonable prices. Has a bar.

What the heck...go to both !!

Dave

·
Registered
35 Posts
Daddy Long Legs(band)

Im not from that area but I did see a great band called Daddy Long Legs from Kitchener Waterloo area at the Canalbank Shuffle in Thorold Ont. If you like the blues especially the Texas style blues this is a great band to see.Im assuming they must do quite a few gigs in that area.Keep an eye out for them in the paper Im sure they would be advertised playing there somewhere.

·
Premium Member
17,423 Posts
Daddy Long Legs

Fantastic blues/"swing" band !!! I've seen them 5 or 6 times.

The Boathouse is a great place to see them, as it is qiuite small...but get there early as they are a popular band.

Blues harp players will enjoy all the harp.

Dave

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
was at L&M in waterloo last Fri. while sitting at the lights at university and weber on the SE side of univ. i happened to see a building ....King Street Trio On University , dine to jazz music.....65 University E 519-884-1507. never noticed the place before and have been in the area 30 plus years. might be worth a phone call......hey if it's worthwile post later....LOL
cheers
RIFF

·
Premium Member
17,423 Posts
was at L&M in waterloo last Fri. while sitting at the lights at university and weber on the SE side of univ. i happened to see a building ....King Street Trio On University , dine to jazz music.....65 University E 519-884-1507. never noticed the place before and have been in the area 30 plus years. might be worth a phone call......hey if it's worthwile post later....LOL
cheers
RIFF
Riff...been there many times. Quite upscale (read $$$ for this city)...great food, but the "jazz" is not always that inspiring IMHO.

My wife like the choices on the menu, the decor, etc.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts