·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Never even heard of this.

Technology. This reminds me of Rocksmith.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I've heard of these but again, why not just play the damn guitar! They have Rocksmith out and everything.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
No thanks. Seems like some folks are making the instrument I've work my ass off for so many years to get right into some kind of toy. I see absolutely no redeeming quality to that at all.

Just being honest with my own opinion here, no offense to anyone who might use it for whatever reason they deem fit.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No thanks. Seems like some folks are making the instrument I've work my ass off for so many years to get right into some kind of toy. I see absolutely no redeeming quality to that at all.

Just being honest with my own opinion here, no offense to anyone who might use it for whatever reason they deem fit.
Some have recommended it as a travel guitar but there has got to be better options than this. I agree it is more toylike than real guitar-like. And beginners may find it helpful but I'm not sure if even that's a good idea.

Reactions: Dorian2

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
If it's looked at as a way to get into playing an actual guitar, maybe it's not such a bad idea.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
A better option would be an actual travel guitar. Hell, my daughters Yamaha FG - Junior (kid size) that I got her in 1992 would be a good travel guitar. I still play around on that thing when I'm watching TV sometimes. Allows for finely refining your small finger movements and motor skills on guitar. Particularly on the higher frets of a normal guitar, because the neck is so small on one of those.

Yamaha - Long & McQuade Musical Instruments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts