The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I may pick up one of those pedals that you can jam with, you know, drummer and bass in a box.

I want something fairly simple (I’m a fairly simple guy).

And, at home I’m always using headphones so I need to figure out a way to have the pedal piped into the phones along with my modeler. That might be possible by using the effects look of the modeler.

I’d be grateful for your recommendtaions as to makes and models.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
I have a Trio that I enjoy and use quite a bit.

There's a headphone out on the pedal itself, but I've never used it so far so can't comment on that aspect.
I do run it seperately, the guitar goes into the amp and the Trio goes into a small bass amp Roland Cube 30.
I think that's the "proper" way to use this unit while amplified.

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Trio that I enjoy and use quite a bit.

There's a headphone out on the pedal itself, but I've never used it so far so can't comment on that aspect.
I do run it seperately, the guitar goes into the amp and the Trio goes into a small bass amp Roland Cube 30.
I think that's the "proper" way to use this unit while amplified.
That's one of the units I found with google and it looks like a good option.

Thanks,

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
There are two units, the regular Trio and the Trio+.
They were blowing out the Trio a while ago, discontinued now I believe, so used is the only option there.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I have been trying to sing, play guitar and accompany myself with my feet for a few years now.

Here's the accompaniment set-up: Boss Dr.Rhythm controlled with FS-6 switches (drums); TCHelicon VoiceLive3 (loops/harmonies/delays), Alesis Micron controlled with Cramer MojoPedals (bass/keyboards).

How's it going?

Well, I ain't givin' up, but last week -- I moved in some real musicians...

·
Premium Member
10,947 Posts
I don't use them a lot but I mess around with a Beat Buddy and a Ditto.

The Beat Buddy came in handy with my violin/guitar duo for a ballroom dance studio gig where they wanted a heavy down beat at very specific tempos. Otherwise I haven't used it live, nor am I likely to, canned drums sound cheesy to me.

The Ditto is much better than my previous Boss looper, it's pretty much idiot proof.

I used to play an electric bass with my feet too, but gave that up years ago. Wouldn't mind a set of Taurus pedals or equivalent.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
+1 on the Trio or the Trio+

I now only have the Trio, but the extra features of the +, and the built-in looper makes it a powerful tool for jamming by yourself.
Being able to save songs, and create more complex song's structures is great with the +, but for simple jams on-the-fly, the basic version is great.

I had the Mini Beat Buddy, and it was cool, but I missed the Bass part compared to the Trio.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Not sure about your modeller, but a small mixer is what I use for headphone mixing. I bought the Behringer Xenyx502. Basic, cheap and I can mix any audio/musical instrument signal together. I mix old stereo, PC, IPod etc into it with a mix of 1/4 to whatever adapter

·
Premium Member
16,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure about your modeller, but a small mixer is what I use for headphone mixing. I bought the Behringer Xenyx502. Basic, cheap and I can mix any audio/musical instrument signal together. I mix old stereo, PC, IPod etc into it with a mix of 1/4 to whatever adapter
My QSC TouchPro lives in my guitar cave, so a mixer is not an issue.

I’m just looking for a simple pedal to use to stimulate me to play.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I guess I should have read your post a bit better. I use the Digitech trio Plus, and love it

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Beat Buddy makes a nice simple pedal, no bass though but i use it from playing live to jam with headphones. You can find them fairly cheap (the mini Beta Buddy)

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
My QSC TouchPro lives in my guitar cave, so a mixer is not an issue.

I’m just looking for a simple pedal to use to stimulate me to play.
I make my own mp3's using Cakewalk, (which is free now) . Years ago, it was quite a bit of work but as more people started using midi, I could get the midi file for most songs on the internet and fix them. The drums and bass were usually OK on most songs which is I wanted anyway. Try it. Search for a midi file in Google of a song you want. Some are really good but most need fixing. If I can't find the midi file, I still make my own but most songs are there for the taking.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts