The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4E722696-424E-48FE-9B58-9DD5765B6C79.jpeg
32B81DF5-2DBB-4E6E-9ADC-97B50AB5370B.jpeg
I like the white but the tortoise also looks good. The tortoise reminds me more of Christmas with the red and green though.

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
Tort is better. Not the right red for Christmas. White's to clean vs the body.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I’m leaning towards the tortoise, the white pickguard is dirty but not enough to match the already refinished body, lol.

The tort was a fairly cheap eBay purchase on a supposedly vintage 60’s pickguard. It does look vintage and it’s definitely way different material than the tort avri on my fathers Jaguar.

The same seller also has a black vintage reissue pickguard in the same celluloid material. The black is what’s on Jonny Marrs Sherwood green Jaguar, which is what this one is.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I like the white, personally.

You've already got a lot of different colors and textures going on between the two different tones of peeling paint and the tarnished metal.

I don't think the tortoise really matches or compliments any of the other colors.

But it's all just opinion.

·
Premium Member
13,083 Posts
Tortoise !!

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the tortoise over the white but did order a black one just to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Between those two, I'd go tortoise... but also switch the pickup covers to parchment, cream, or black... not white. Stands out too much, looks too clean, and nothing else white on the guitar.

·
Registered
14,893 Posts
Normally I'd say black--however given the choices--white.
No a big fan of Tort--
however the good news is that it should sound the same with each of them...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts