The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any other Jag Tanna fans here? One of my favourite guitarists of all time.

Anyone know anything about his gear? Moreso his Strat with the reverse headstock (pickups... I know it's a H-S-S config but what brand, string gauge etc)? I am trying to find pics of it to nail the colour scheme, but none give a very good view of that guitar. I believe it's a very dark midnight blue, with a tortoise shell pickguard, and black pickup covers.

:rockon:

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Jag is a huge talent ,his use of effects is so tasteful ,tone is sick too ,love IME
anyone know if he's playing with anyone now?:rockon:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read that he is mostly producing right now, can't remember the name of the bands though as I don't keep up on newer stuff very much. Would LOVE to find out if he is playing with anyone else or forming another band.

Amazing tone, originality, and technical skill. Every track sounds fresh and original from the last, but you can still recognize his style.

His slap guitar technique kicks ass too!

·
Registered
108 Posts
From what I remember, there was a Digitech Whammy, 1 or 2 pedals, and a big floor board with about 20 or more footswitches on it that was hooked up to a rack case if that helps. That was a few drunken years ago, if I had a digicam back then it would have been sweet cause I watched this particular concert from right above the stage so I had a full birds eye view of the stage floor.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm just bumping this year-old thread because I've had questions about Jag's setup FOREVER. He's one of my favorite guitarists--amazing feel, innovative technique, and above all, great tone. Here's what I've gleaned from various internet searchings and wanderings over the years.

Guitars:
'70s Strat w/ HSS pickup config (heard varying reports the humbucker is a Duncan JB)
Ernie Ball / Musicman Eddie Van Halen (apparently he had 2, probably appearing on 'Dig')
vintage Danelectro? (on the 'Open Mike' performance for 'Like the Sun.') I'm pretty sure it's a baritone, as playing it on a standard guitar is a little awkward, at least the way I've worked it out. It's on youtube. Check it out.

Amps:
Dig -- Peavey 5150
Scenery -- Naylor something-or-other (never heard of this manufacturer before, but if that's what's on Scenery, damn!)
all afterwards -- Budda Stringmaster

FX:

I have no idea what effects he used. Any updates / edits to this list are welcome! What sort of modulation / wah pedals did he use, I wonder? Does anyone have pics of his rigs from back in the day?

This forum needs more Jag Tanna love!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Fantastic thread, I too absolutely fell in love with his tone and use of effects. I always thought he played Mustangs... wierd.

Here's the best shot of his strat thing I could find:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Amps:

Scenery -- Naylor something-or-other (never heard of this manufacturer
Joe Naylor now makes the Reverend guitars.

There was an old GP magazine issue, I'll also try and find the article.

I wonder if they'd ever reunite with Edwin, or do they hate each other?

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
dunno...good question...probably ego's would get in the way...but then again...who knows...

edwin's new band is supposed to have their cd released soon...i think they are crash karma but i can't remember...the original OLP guitarist is the axe man for the band

·
Registered
324 Posts
dunno...good question...probably ego's would get in the way...but then again...who knows...

edwin's new band is supposed to have their cd released soon...i think they are crash karma but i can't remember...the original OLP guitarist is the axe man for the band
Yeah, I was always under the impression they hated each other pretty passionately; Edwin was, and is, as far as I know still, bartending at the Tattoo Rock Parlor in Toronto. Nice to see him stepping back behind the mic; I'd love to see them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hey!

the gear is always changing and the list of all the gear i'm excited about is growing....but my mainstays are my black strat and my Naylor....... as for who i'm 'playing with': I'm actually working on some new IME as we speak.

jt

1 - 20 of 169 Posts