The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new around here but I'm asking something I hope one or more will be able to answer.

I'm looking for a new guitar in the 800$ range (maybe more or less) and I mostly play metal and hard rock music (I've got my Les Paul for "slower" needs).

According to your personnal experience, what guitar should I get between the Jackson Rhoads RR3 or the B.C. Rich NT Beast? Also, I would like to know, what are the differences between the B.C Rich NT Beast and the B.C RichWMD Son of a Beast ? I know the first one have a tremolo, sightly different design and color and differents pickup but what about anything else : Is it similar guitar in terms of scale and length?

Personnally, I prefer the Beast's (and Son of Beast) design but what about playing capabilities and overall quality? Anyone tried or own both and can tell me which one you prefer?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
According to your personnal experience, what guitar should I get between the Jackson Rhoads RR3 or the B.C. Rich NT Beast?
I don't think that's a good thing to go on... go play them and choose one from your own personal experience. Every guitar player has their own needs and 'requirements' from a guitar. Only you can make an educated decision on what guitar you should buy.

Personally, for me, it's no contest. RR3 all the way. That BC Rich is ugly as shit IMO so I wouldn't even touch it with a 10 foot pole.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, I will obviously test both of them, and maybe a lot of other guitars. But I would be interested in any details according to overall quality and durability of the B.C Rich. ;)

I know Jackson make awesome guitars and I do like the look of the Rhoads but I don't know, the Beast is teasing me...

·
Registered
652 Posts
I would be more concerned with the choice of pickups.
EMG 81/85 is a great combo for metal/leads.
Personally the Jackson wins the contest!! :rockon2:
ESP/LTD makes some decent guitars too.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
I have a USA Beast and a USA Rhoads so I cant comment on those specific models but I can tell you that the shapes of those guitars make them a try before you buy. I find the Rhoads way too tiny, and its also hard to play sitting down. The Beast is a little easier to play sitting down, but its problem is when you move around with the guitar you have to remember you are occupying alot of real estate. I call playing the Beast, "running with scissors," you can and will poke someone with it, if you are not in a large area. With imports from those 2 companies, quality had been an issue in the past, but I beleive both make good quality imports now, so I dont think you will have a problem in that area.............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts