The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
that's nice
bach on guitar is a beautiful thing

your playing reminds me of glenn gould on piano - very precise timing with short decay on each note. i like bach with a bit more kick and flow but there's so many good ways to play that stuff and they all sound great

it's too bad more guitar players don't have at least a bit of classical technique for relaxing the wrist and shoulder in both arms you can sure move around the neck faster with your wrist forward

does anybody play with a foot stool any more? i feel so old fashioned. that wonderful awful cramp in your left hip that tells you it's time to stand up and walk around for a while ;)
j

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
Cool stuff, I had a simpler arrangement I used with some students when I taught--it is challenging in parts for sure.
I also have a mandolin arrangement that's actually quite simple compare to this & the simplified guitar arrangement.

& it's a beautiful pice of music.

Thanks for sharing it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Zontar, Sketchy Jeff, sambonee!
The edition I did sight reading is from Bridges/Classical Guitar Series for RCM level 6. I feel that that RCM series usually provided very good fingering - the balance between difficulty and keeping melody unbroken.
Yup, Bach's pieces fit guitar pretty well and guitar is a polyphonic instrument.

For foot stool, I believe most guitarists are still on it. However, I feel leg/back pain after I used it for many years and then I switched to guitar cushion support.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts