The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I own a beautiful J.D. MacKenzie acoustic which I believe was a luthier from Ontario. I can’t find any information on this guitar but read that Mike McKenna from Mckenna Mendelson mainline has one. Any information would be appreciated. I tried contacting the McKenzie Marr guitar company but they no knowledge of this guitar. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all. I own a beautiful J.D. MacKenzie acoustic which I believe was a luthier from Ontario. I can’t find any information on this guitar but read that Mike McKenna from Mckenna Mendelson mainline has one. Any information would be appreciated. I tried contacting the McKenzie Marr guitar company but they no knowledge of this guitar. Thanks
Hi, Gagasadie, I too own a JD MacKenzie spruce and rosewood herringbone dreadnought built in 1976. All I've been able to find out about JD is that he lived and built some guitars in Hamilton and he's been dead for quite some time. I read only one thing about his guitars on line some years back and it only said that a reasonably well known folk singer had one or lost one, no name comes to mind. I got mine used from the Kingston Guitar Shop a long time ago and, shortly after I did, an acquaintance in Trenton told me that a friend of his found a JD MacKenzie guitar at a yard sale. I guess there a few still out there. That's all I know but I'd like to learn more about the guy and his instruments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts