The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
My favourite vocal so far and the harmonies are beautiful. Such an understated beautiful ballad. They had so many.
I've been listening with my wife and she loves the clearness of your production. She enjoys the keyboards and harmonies and is amazed how easy it is to pull them out of the mix.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks you for listening and please let your wife know we appreciate the kind comments and glad she listens! I agree with you - Foreigner (****/Lou) wrote some really great songs - a lot of them as you said. I guess that's why they are deservedly in the song writers HOF. This one is my personal fave - thanks for the listen - your friend, dale.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Dale, I'm sure the questions have been asked before, but how long does it take you guys to get a song down and ready to video? How many takes on average does it take to make a video and how many cameras are used?

Are you post processing the audio files, for EQ, stereo balance, overall mix, effects. etc?

BTW, these are awesome versions of Foreigner tunes! Keep up the great work! I personally hope that you cover "Blue Morning, Blue Day and I Want To Know What Love Is".

TD

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello Mr. Davis...thanks for the very kind words and for sharing your time with us!

We try to roughly plan the artist for the year in late Nov/Dec of the year prior. We give ourselves generally 6-8 weeks between artist to prepare. We have one night of rehearsal and the next night we record audio/video. We take three passes at each song to give us all the video shots we want and 3 audio samples to choose from. I'm guessing on average 6-10 camera operators. Mike does all the post work which would include the things you mentioned, EQ, effects, and mixing.

thanks for your interest,
dale

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sure appreciate you listening and thanks for the very kind words - i love tonedripper!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts