The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have suspected it for many years. I have done many questionable things bordering on severe redneck-ism.

I am rebuilding my rotting deck. I went to the local supply store and purchased 25 2x6x12 pressure treated boards.
Brought them home in the wife's '02 CRV. The cargo space is 6 feet long with the seats folded down. Of course, with the seats folded down, that creates a bit of an angle.. That left 6 feet of boards hanging out the back and scraping on the ground. You shoulda seen the look on the kids face who was helping me load it....I heard him mumble something about his boss.
Did I tie them up? Secure the back hatch??? Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! That would consume precious seconds of deck rebuilding!!

80$ to deliver????
Ha!!!! I have a Honda CRV!!!!

After getting home and avoiding the authorities, I unloaded them. It was only after, I thought....damn...I shoulda taken a picture. It was quite funny having these boards sticking out almost as long as the car, scraping the road.

I also once drove almost 50km with a sofa on the roof of an old volvo with my buddy hanging out the window holding onto it as we had no cordage of any type.

So....ya'll got any other redneck stories?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Yesterday I had 4 2x10x10 planks hanging out the arse of my '12 Elantra for a half hour drive home from the hardware store.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
That's not redneck-ism, that's just dumb

Reactions: BGood

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I brought some 2 x 4's home in my Hyundai many years ago and had them pushed up onto the dash. They bounced and cracked the windshield from inside.

Reactions: Lola

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
A young girl brought an approx 6ft 1X2 board back into HD the other day and I heard her say "I need you to cut another 2" off this board, it won't fit into my car".

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Threading a piece of 18 ga copper wire in my running shoe. The "shoe lace" was a temp fix for about a month. I just left it loose enough so I could slip my foot into the shoe!

We happened to be up in Redneckville away up north! Far away from any stores .

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
I have suspected it for many years. I have done many questionable things bordering on severe redneck-ism.

I am rebuilding my rotting deck. I went to the local supply store and purchased 25 2x6x12 pressure treated boards.
Brought them home in the wife's '02 CRV. The cargo space is 6 feet long with the seats folded down. Of course, with the seats folded down, that creates a bit of an angle.. That left 6 feet of boards hanging out the back and scraping on the ground. You shoulda seen the look on the kids face who was helping me load it....I heard him mumble something about his boss.
Did I tie them up? Secure the back hatch??? Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! That would consume precious seconds of deck rebuilding!!

80$ to deliver????

After getting home and avoiding the authorities, I unloaded them. It was only after, I thought....damn...I shoulda taken a picture. It was quite funny having these boards sticking out almost as long as the car, scraping the road.

I also once drove almost 50km with a sofa on the roof of an old volvo with my buddy hanging out the window holding onto it as we had no cordage of any type.

All I have is redneck stories. I'm born and raised hillbilly.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I guess I'm no redneck. I drive a pickup truck and ensure everything in the truck bed is tied down and secured. If it's overhanging, I flag it and I don't pack firearms around for fun.
Guys who don't pack their stuff properly and safely should stay home, imo.

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts
I guess I'm no redneck. I drive a pickup truck and ensure everything in the truck bed is tied down and secured. If it's overhanging, I flag it and I don't pack firearms around for fun.
Guys who don't pack their stuff properly and safely should stay home, imo.
A pickup is a heck of a lot more redneck than a Honda.

Are you sure you guys aren't confusing redneck for the term 'skids'?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts

80$ to deliver????

Please tell me you were blasting Max Webster the whole time (ideally Battlescar).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts