The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted about my '50s Les Paul clone custom build a few months back. Well, the bad boy finally showed up on my doorstep last week.

This is what we started with:

And this is the finished product:

It was made with old growth mahogany and eastern maple and modeled after a real 58 Les Paul a friend of mine owns. The neck is huge!! The pups are custom wound Wolfetones and it's wired 50's style with vintage bumblebee caps.

The verdict?
Tone, tone, tone!!! :smile:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
wow, looks like it turned out great! Congrats!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Man, that's a very nice looking guitar there Hagar. Not to be picky but could you post a photo of the headstock as well? Everything looks accurate and I'm curious if the accuracy and attention to detail was also reflected in the headstock.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, that's a very nice looking guitar there Hagar. Not to be picky but could you post a photo of the headstock as well? Everything looks accurate and I'm curious if the accuracy and attention to detail was also reflected in the headstock.
The headstock is blank at the moment. I'm still pondering whether to go "full fake" or not. :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
wow thats a super nice looking guitar u have there.... it looks so professional. i would kill to have a guitar like that :sport-smiley-002:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
The headstock is blank at the moment. I'm still pondering whether to go "full fake" or not. :D

I don't know if I'd give Gibson credit for that one or not .... :D

Nice looking guitar, you did a fine job. How's the Wolfetones sound?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts