The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well buddy came along today and picked up his Carr amp. I was sad to see it go. I just got a Epi Sheraton II and playing it thru that amp I was loving it. The ring tones like the beginning to fool for your stocking were awesome. Oh well easy come easy go. Since my amp is still in the shop this weeks flavour is a Fender Concert combo blackface, sponsered by another good friend of mine. This should be interesting after using the Carr last week. If I don't have my amp back for the next week I'm gonna try for a Boogie. :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Correction on the Concert, it was the 82 Rivera designed combo with 1 12".
Didn't have the amp that long to play around with it, and when I used it out I had just got my Diamond J drive TR ( thanks to Terry, fast shipping) so I used mainly the clean channel. Defineatly a Fender sound. Sounded good, not as nice as the Carr. The Carr just had better definition in all the ranges.
Now the Diamond J drive that's another story, awesome pedal...:smilie_flagge17:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I do a lot of repair work for people, I do guitar setups and wiring and tackle a few amps now and then. On amps I'm ok to a certain point then I suggest they be sent out. I have an old SG in right now that I'm setting up and another friend just dropped of a Twin reverb in need of tubes and speakers. I'm going after a Boogie F50 for next week.... :D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
it's ok, we still love you, even though you don't have that fine piece of equipment.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I guess I'm kind of disappointed with the boogie, I thought it would have performed better but to say the least I'm not impressed. I'll take my ampeg over it anyday, actually I prefer my ampeg to the fender Concert I used. The Carr was by far the nicest(and most expensive) of the amps tried out. I have seen a few interesting ones show up here but I think I'll stick with my ampeg, maybe change out the speaker and I might get closer to the Carr. Not saying that the Carr is the best of all amps, just the nicest I have had a chance to use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts