The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We've been averaging 10-15 degrees every day for quite while now, so the temp dropping 20 degrees rapidly is a bit of a shock.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
We've been averaging 10-15 degrees every day for quite while now, so the temp dropping 20 degrees rapidly is a bit of a shock.
Basically same thing happened here just over a week ago, winter came and turned the rain to snow at 11:59 Oct 31. Temps dropped 10-15 degrees and have stayed that way. F

·
Premium Member
10,926 Posts
It's a little early I suppose, but I like it cool at night. I got the shovels out this morning.

Otis The Wonder Dog doesn't care for the extreme cold, being a short hair with little undercoat, poor guy.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
lol wuss. That's been our daytime highs for 2 weeks now.
Having lived in Alberta for most of my life and then moving to Ontario, I will say that comparing how cold it feels based on temperature alone can be very misleading. For example, I would rather have -20 degrees in Alberta than -10 degrees in Southern Ontario. Because of the humidity, that -10 feels bone-chilling. Add a bit of wind and you are running for cover pretty quickly.

·
Registered
349 Posts
They're saying there may be some rain which will then all freeze up.

Hadda go to HD so got some salt for the skating rink I may wake up to...

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
Saw a guy two lanes over slam into the rail on the 401 between Guelph and Toronto last night - we were worried he was going to swerve in front of us. The idiot just kept driving, with his back bumper barely hanging on. We passed him later and he had no back bumper. Pretty sure it was a middle aged fellow too.

Then we saw another smashed up vehicle parked next to the rail in even worse shape.

I'm really glad I put my snows on before I left for tour.

Remember folks, slow down when the roads aren't nice!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts