The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been an absolutely amazing couple of weeks for me for new guitar acquisitions...

First, this came up for sale locally and I grabbed it, as I'd always wanted one :

A PRS Hollowbody II Singlecut 10 Top in Solana Burst, with 57/08 pickups and probably the best sounding piezo pickup you'll ever hear in an electric guitar. It's just a stunningly beautiful and inspirational guitar and weighs in at 5 lb. 8 oz.

A few days later, Lauzon Music put this on sale for a price I just couldn't say no to :

NOS original version 2011 Starla with the B-5 Bigsby, original Starla pickups and a typically wonderful Lauzon setup. It's a crazy fun guitar to play and sounds so very good... 6 lb. 11 oz. (with a 10 ounce Bigsby attached!)

And today, my wife bought me this for Christmas from The Guitar Shop - should be here in time to go under the tree :

2007 PRS McCarty with gold hardware, moons and a one piece top... Minty condition, like it's never been played... and it weighs in at 7 lb. 4 oz.

I'm flabbergasted... it's just amazing... what a stunning guitar rich Christmas!

I'll take my own pics of all of them after Christmas morning when they're all to hand (if we get some sunshine)...

·
Premium Member
16,795 Posts
Holy shit dude.

A little bit of GAS for the non-trems in that lineup.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Fantastic!! Congrats!! All beautiful guitars!!

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Beautiful guitars, mate! I had a regular ol' McCarty that passed through my hands a few times that was a fantastic guitar. Not only did you get a great one of those, but kudos on the Hollowbody (would love a doublecut version of one of those) and nice catch on the Starla, too. Pulling out all the stops!

W.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,107 Posts
Whoa, that's a beauty of a collection. Merry christmas!

·
Premium Member
4,486 Posts
Congrats, that quite the haul

·
Premium Member
10,933 Posts
Very, very, nice. I mean, there are a lot of tones in those guitars individually, but together you've got your basses covered.

The guitar gods smiled on you.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Words fail me. They all look great but that Starla looks like it'd be a real gas to play. Merry Christmas indeed.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys! I'm feeling very, very fortunate... As nice as the Hollowbody II is (and it's very nice indeed) I'm gravitating to the Starla a lot - it's just loaded with attitude, and the Bigsby really stays in tune with decent use! The pickups are really cool, and work so well with my TA-15 in the Voxy and old school Marshall voices; roll back the volume for some sparkly dynamic cleans, then turn up to ten for some great, articulate crunch. Wonderful stuff!

Looks like the McCarty will be here tomorrow but my wife says I'm not allowed to open it until Christmas morning! At least it will have lots of time to acclimate after being out in the cold all weekend... LOL I'll try and get them all together for a trio shot with the tree...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts