The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Thats soooo beautiful I almost shed a tear........very nice!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Gorgeous!

A picture says a thousand words...by my math, you started this thread with a three thousand word post. She is gorgeous! Drool

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Add some "kind words" from AJC too! Its just come to be expected that a LOWTONES axe is going to be a work of art, man. WHat can you say? Its gorgeous!

What brand of bridge and TP do you generally use? And is that switching like the PRS or is that a blend pot or??

We have got to get together some time... so I can learn something :)!!!

AJC

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ajcoholic said:
Add some "kind words" from AJC too! Its just come to be expected that a LOWTONES axe is going to be a work of art, man. WHat can you say? Its gorgeous!

What brand of bridge and TP do you generally use? And is that switching like the PRS or is that a blend pot or??

We have got to get together some time... so I can learn something :)!!!

AJC
Thanks AJ. I have the sneaking suspision that when we get together, it's going to be me asking all the questions.

The bridge & tail stop are Gotoh The machine heads are also Gotoh. I really like them they seem to be an excellent product at fairly reasonable price.
PUPs are Wolfetone Greywolfes with alnico 2 magnets. You really need to try a set sometime. I 've used the hotrod truss rod. I've also made a departure from my one piece necks by apposing the grain and adding a 1/4 " blood wood filler strip. Talk about a difference in the rigidity of the neck. Control cover & jack plate are also blood wood but I suspect that you may have already guessed that. Controls are Volume, Tone and a Blend pot, graphite nut, ebony fret board 25" scale 12 1/2 radius. Frets are medium /highs MOP inlay. Stuck together with hide glue and four leter words. Next in line is lefty hollow of the same style.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That does it! I've drooled on this keyboard enough! time to get a new one!

Nice work dude, she's lookin' sexy

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the kind words gentlemen. How does it sound? absolutely amazing.
I just can't say enough about the Wolfetone, Greywolfe pickups with alnico 2 magnets in this type of guitar. Davetcan is going to get a chance to play it on the 23rd so perhaps he will give us a review of the guitar.

·
Administrator
16,143 Posts
Thanks for the kind words gentlemen. How does it sound? absolutely amazing.
I just can't say enough about the Wolfetone, Greywolfe pickups with alnico 2 magnets in this type of guitar. Davetcan is going to get a chance to play it on the 23rd so perhaps he will give us a review of the guitar.
What happened to that guitar? If you've still got it I've still got this very very nice acoustic.....

ha, just read the full reply. Damn right I want to play it, in fact I just want it period.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What happened to that guitar? If you've still got it I've still got this very very nice acoustic.....

ha, just read the full reply. Damn right I want to play it, in fact I just want it period.
The fellow I built it for was away in Saudi Arabia when I finished it. I have been away for two months now and he is back. I believe he will be picking it up at the big event on the 23rd(not sure) either way you get a chance to play it. If you want it badly enough you can negotiate with him. But I don't think he will be wanting to part with it for at least a little while.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts