The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine was. I ordered a new glass kit online. I removed the old glass and installed the new one last night. It is like getting a new phone. I used the transparent LOCA uv glue.

It takes some time and patience but definitely worth the effort.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
YouTube vids are great. Parts are cheap from a China. I did a S6 Edge (rounded edges) last week and will be doing another tomorrow. A heat gun, suction cup and dollar store playing cards are your friends.

·
Premium Member
9,743 Posts
It’s amazing how many ppl I see with cracked screens. It would drive me nuts.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I used to replace Iphone screens on the side for my friends and co workers and usually at the cost of parts. First few took some time but after you get the hang of it its really not that hard.

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
I have a very expensive case that is doing its job well.

·
Premium Member
4,280 Posts
Mine was. I ordered a new glass kit online. I removed the old glass and installed the new one last night. It is like getting a new phone. I used the transparent LOCA uv glue.

It takes some time and patience but definitely worth the effort.
Can I send you this one?

broken-iphone_27313380473_o.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,280 Posts
Haha, it's not mine. I was standing in line behind this teenager and I noticed this phone. Asked her if I could take a picture of it. She said it works just fine but she had bandages on her fingers lol.

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
You laugh...

"A new EWG analysis of data submitted to the Federal Communications Commission by one manufacturer shows that some cases on the market are so poorly engineered that they actually intensify the radiation that strikes a user’s head and body."

Does Your Cell Phone Case Raise Your Radiation Exposure?
Sooooo...a company who sells a case with a built-in antenna is saying other cases are bad for people.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sooooo...a company who sells a case with a built-in antenna is saying other cases are bad for people.
Exactly.

But I did see something on this on W5 or Marketplace. They used a measuring device and with the case on it was way higher.

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Exactly.

But I did see something on this on W5 or Marketplace. They used a measuring device and with the case on it was way higher.
I can see it and it certainly is plausible. Now, whether the radiation is actually harmful remains to be proven conclusively. In the end, there are enough things out there that kill us that I'm not going to worry too much about cellphone signals.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts