The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Certainly not the most important thing at the moment, but we all know most of the tubes are coming from Russia and China. Just saw a message on Facebook from the Tubestore and notice a major price bump in most tubes. Ouch! I should think about those new Tone-master series from Fender.

Peace!
Product Font Screenshot Advertising Brand

·
Registered
57 Posts
D’oh! I just bought my first tube amp! But I play clean/low-volume with limited time, so it’s not like my amp will be eating them. It’ll be interesting to see how things adapt if this is not a spike but a long-term adjustment.

·
Premium Member
'93 MIJ Jaguar, Epiphone Dot, Squier Bass VI, Blueridge BR70 acoustic.
372 Posts
Hmmmm, maybe should order some 12ax7's and whatever power tubes we need now?

edit: scratch that, tube prices already look doubled online. I'm thinking of just buying some backups from long & McQuade actual store, hopefully they're still just regular price.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
There's always JJ tubes. No price increase there.
I'd think there will be because supply/demand.

If they're the only tubes available, the prices will go up.

I checked my stash and I'm ok. And they're just tubes. Farmers and steel manufacturing etc. etc. everything is doubling in price for them, and that will affect everything when we go to buy stuff.

So my motto right now is, don't buy stuff!

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Not for long. It's unavoidable.
I had about 12 items in my cart from last-night. The sale price doubled over night.

Luckily the many other vendors that sell tubes are still willing to sell their current and old stock for the actual mark up that they are on the hook for.

$750 just landed in the pocket of their competition.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
To qualify my previous statement. JJ tubes won't increase directly because of the tax. They will go up. Everything else has.
I'm sure I'm talking rubbish so let's not even talk about the stupid things I say. I'm replying to your post but not debating you in any way, just dumb with internet stuff so my apologies.

I'm just saying, EHX 12ax7's are now $37....for one.

JJ isn't in Russia, but because they will soon be the only option you won't be able to get JJ tubes unless you pay some crazy premium.

AKA, every tube on earth is now a Klon Centaur......(yes I'm joking, haha let's laugh)

I think it's a really good idea for all of us who live near a L&M to go to our local store and buy up some backup 12ax7's and whatever power tubes you could need.

And you could also go the route of buying all the tubes and flipping them. I'm not that person.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
The way things are going it might be better to buy a semi trailer full of AK-47s and flip those…lol
Nah man. The way things are going we should just be nicer to each other knowing we probably have a roof over our head and can get something to eat for our friends and family.

We've got it good.

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts
I was on the Tubes & More site last night, everything looked fairly normal yet, at least on the JJ's and NOS. Tonight, the site won't even load for me o_O

·
Registered
57 Posts
If there are supply issues and/or general inflation prices will remain elevated, but we’ll know better when panic-buying has subsided. Hard to know what’s going on because while every forum has multiple “tube shortage” and even some “tube apocalypse” threads, most tube consumers are not reading forums, so it’s not a true reflection of the market.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts