1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Probably won’t sound the greatest, but sure!

Why not get like a boss katana 100 combo that has an auxiliary in (like in a car where you can use a mini headphone jack cable) to hook the backing track into? Would probably sound better than plugging an electric guitar into something that’s not designed to amplify an electric guitar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ref,: wealsauce

Thanks for your super-quick tip. I just check my Amp. (Roland Cube 60 ), it apparently has no auxiliary input :(! It means I have to buy a new Amp ? Is there another solution if I want to keep the Roland Cube Amp. ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ref: Sillyak. capmjim & Merli .

Thanks for the tips . I actually plan to play in residential dancing parties or friends' weddings , not just practicing playing guitar at home.

On my Roland Cube 60 Amp, I notice that it has a "Recording Out./ Phone" . If I connect this output jack to "Line-in" in the 808 Audio EncoreXL SP490BK, will I be able to hear my guitar & the back ground rhythm track ?

·
Registered
24,702 Posts
There are two things to overcome:

1) The 808 will be expecting a lower impedance signal-source than your guitar.

2) The 808 will be expecting a hotter signal level (line level) than your guitar.

So, as suggested, the best solution is to plug your guitar into the Cube 60 and run the line out to the 808. That should provide better impedance matching and level matching.

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
at times like this i am reminded of hawaii. i hear they have a preference there for a ham-like substance that comes in a can. most unusual

·
Premium Member
10,050 Posts
Boss Jam Stations are a lot of fun too.
I’ve got the JS-10

1 - 12 of 12 Posts