The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Scott has used the elineke logo previously (it's his wife's signature IIRC) and I have seen him offer other high-end builds for $4-5K. He used to sell strictly to cover his material costs and others profitted from that on the resale market. Recently though, I believe Scott is now factoring in his specialized labour costs when he does sell off a build....which of course is the norm and entirely fair.

Putting a value on Scott's used stuff can present a challenge however. While his reputation as an exceptionally talented builder is well deserved, the ExNihilo "brand" isn't widely recognized...and fewer folks still would be aware of the elineke connection. Personally, if I was offered one of Scott's guitars in trade and was planning to resell it, I'd have to value it quite conservatively as the market is still largely unknown. It's a gamble to take one in trade with resale in mind IMO but others (including Scott) may disagree with me.

Anyway, here's another example of the same logo:

Musical instrument String instrument Guitar Plucked string instruments String instrument

·
Premium Member
18,816 Posts
That it actually the builder. That's why I'm confused.
Ah. Perhaps it's like when bands start asking for $200 guarantees in the hopes they are recognized for their hard work (everyone who gets paid to play covers just laughed).

What does TGP buy and sell them for? That would probably be your best measurement given you want to move it.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I recently advertised and sold my ExNihilo '59 LP on here and had no shortage of interested parties. This group was quite familiar with the quality and attention to detail when it comes to Scott's work. That said, I can't imagine trying to pitch it to the Kijiji audience :) I priced mine on the lower end ($2,400--that's what I was into for) and simply wanted to recoup my investment. There is a market for high-end replicas but I wouldn't go too deep if you need/want to flip it locally.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
That’s Scott’s wife’s sig. and yes that’s what he’s doing these days.

Absolutely amazing guitar. He often call me and offers them to me before listing.

@laristotle , you should have grabbed it. It sold for $1600 and it’s a smashingly amazing guitar. The pups I put in it are world renounded.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts