The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,416 Posts
From the fender dating site;

I + 7 digitsA limited number of these I-Series were made in '89 and '90.
Made for the export market and have 'Made in USA' stamped on the heel of the neck.

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
I had a 2010 deluxe that started with 10 and no letter prefix

I was told by fender that on between the switch from using the D prefix pre 2008 to US in 2010 there were guitars made for a few months in late 2009/early 2010 starting with 10xxxxxx.

so it definitely could be legit

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I was told by fender that on between the switch from using the D prefix pre 2008 to US in 2010 there were guitars made for a few months in late 2009/early 2010 starting with 10xxxxxx.

thank you for this...I also have emailed fender for confirmation before approaching

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
It’s funny, when I listed that guitar a few years ago I got a few messages with guys accusing it of being a fake despite the fact that it wasn’t. It matched every spec for a Deluxe of the time but just the 10xxxx serial was the only thing.

Some said it should start with DX, some said with U.S. and is what prompted me to email fender. They answered within 24 hours not only confirming but with the listed spec as it left the factory and everything Matched perfect.

But I agree with you that cautious is the best approach.

·
Premium Member
4,170 Posts

I thought the D was for deluxe series. Is that an I or a 1. can’t tell.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
And I assume the one posted was a deluxe due to the locking tuners.
In the kijiji ad you can see it also has the scalloped heel and binding on the front of the body, so a Deluxe as you say. That price is really nice!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts