The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is the use of a tracking system that only shows you the day the package was dropped off with them and then nothing else other than a delivery date estimate which they say is just a guess?
as an employee of Cda post that is untrue..if you have paid for tracking then you receive tracking notices numerous times when the package is enroute ......it will not be tracked at every city along the way as it is not removed from the truck so tracking is not needed

·
Registered
6 Posts
You know someone is a laid back fu**kin guy when they choose Canada Post lol.

USPS can get a flamethrower from Baton Rouge to Chicago in 14 hours. Canada post takes possession and it sits in Mississauga until Christ comes back and it shows up to a house that 8 new people have raised families and died in after you moved out.
funny but that you know is untrue

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
as an employee of Cda post that is untrue..if you have paid for tracking then you receive tracking notices numerous times when the package is enroute ......it will not be tracked at every city along the way as it is not removed from the truck so tracking is not needed
I actually posted an apology to Canada Post along with a clarification two days ago.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I sent a package yesterday via Xpresspost and the tracking was fine. And it got there in one day.

Reactions: EchoWD40

·
Premium Member
18,268 Posts
I've had good and pretty consistent results from Canada Post in terms of actual deliveries received when expected or earlier and undamaged. I've never had anything stolen.

Maybe it depends on the particular carriers in your area.

The tracking is not very useful to me other than major milestones, as in "at least I know it made it to....).

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
...a submarine with screen doors
Karma has shown it's full power. I was quick to quip a dig at Canada Post, and now I am being punished.

I bought a guitar off a forum member. They shipped it from Edmonton to Ayr. CP shows it was accepted into the system April 16th. The initial due date was April 23rd (5 days). I knew that was NEVER going to happen, but I was OK. When I tracked it closer to the 23rd, it said the 26th. On the 26th it said "out for delivery- expected end of day today". Did not show. On the 27th, it said "delayed". On the 28th, it said "out for delivery- expected end of day today". It did not show. On the 29th, it said expected May 3rd. On May 3rd it said. "out for delivery- expected end of day today". It did not show.
May 4th (yes, yes, Star Wars Day) it showed as delayed. My concern was how many times it was put on a delivery truck but never got here? (turns out, never) I worked at Purolator for (close to) 20yrs. As a Courier, as a Manager, as a Trainer. When something got loaded, but it was undeliverable it was PRIORITIZED for the next day. Or we called you. None of those things have happened. So, I called my local little CP location. She said: "I don't know why it would have said out for delivery. It hasn't come in here yet". WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

This whole time, there has been such minimal info for their "Tracking".
Dropped in Edmonton
Expected on (blank)
No internal or in transit scans.
At Puro it would say picked up in EDM depot, scanned into CAL Hub, out of CAL Hub, into ONT Hub, out of ONT Hub, Into (in my case) Brantford, OFD Route xxx (out for delivery) and then any undeliverable code as to why it wasn't successful.

I literally just checked... the first time I've seen it say "Item in Transit- Stoney Creek". At least now I know it's in Ontario! But the employee has "no idea" how or why an update of "out for delivery, expected today" could have possibly happened. Not once, not twice, but three times.

It is my birthday on Saturday, I really expected it to be here on May 8th if it was shipped April 16th. Unless of course, it's being walked to Ontario from Alberta... which looks to be the case.

My rant.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is the use of a tracking system that only shows you the day the package was dropped off with them and then nothing else other than a delivery date estimate which they say is just a guess?
So true! I am currently waiting for a delivery from Canada Post... Checking their site from time to time is totally useless... just hoping the guitar makes it in one piece...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Of all the three previous "out for delivery" messages. This one is by far the most detailed. It actually says my town!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Is there anything quite as useless as Canada Post's "Tracking system"?
LOL
Yah. No kidding.
I don't think it's gotten worse since covid.
I've always noticed it to be pretty bad for at least the past 4 or 5 years.
Of course I always use the cheapest shipping possible and it may well be that they are a bit more diligent when it's a higher priced service.
Nevertheless, whenever I'm buying something from USA I always still specify USPS/CP shipping or there is no sale.
If they won't ship USPS/CP then I tell them thanks but no thanks and I find another vendor.
I'll put up with the unreliable tracking info if it means saving the money on those exorbitant courier "brokerage" fees that don't actually exist.
I've asked Canada Post about it as well as Customs.
There is no government fee for parcels crossing the border.
It's just a way for American couriers to scam Canadians.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
@BMW-KTM
I think you made a mistake on the above qoute regarding CP as I am quite happy with their shipping overall. You could read my post earlier in this thread if you like

Not quite sure how you managed to post that as my qoute when I believe it is from the OP

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
@BMW-KTM
I think you made a mistake on the above qoute regarding CP as I am quite happy with their shipping overall. You could read my post earlier in this thread if you like

Not quite sure how you managed to post that as my qoute when I believe it is from the OP
Yup. I can see that now. Not sure how that happened. My bad. Carry on.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I’ve always had great experiences with Canada Post, can’t say the same for USPS though? I ordered some things from the US recently and my parcel went to the UK for some reason, been there for 14 days and counting.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I worked at Purolator for (close to) 20yrs. As a Courier, as a Manager, as a Trainer.
Hello my brethren. Been a Purolator employee for 34yrs this coming August. I've been a sorter, lead hand and finally went courier full time in 1999 after my marriage went south. Because I still work there, I am not actually actively commenting on the whole thread as every carrier has their issues whether it be tracking, delivering or timeframe due to unforeseen problems. I get annoyed at CPC and UPS regularly when expecting a delivery, as I assume people get rather annoyed with Puro just the same.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Hello my brethren. Been a Purolator employee for 34yrs this coming August. I've been a sorter, lead hand and finally went courier full time in 1999 after my marriage went south. Because I still work there, I am not actually actively commenting on the whole thread as every carrier has their issues whether it be tracking, delivering or timeframe due to unforeseen problems. I get annoyed at CPC and UPS regularly when expecting a delivery, as I assume people get rather annoyed with Puro just the same.
Been gone about a year. I miss it, but thinking I got out at a good time as all my buddies still there say it's nuts with everyone at home. No courier company can keep up.

I chimed in here cause I am used to the very detailed tracking system PCL has. Was pretty unimpressed with CP's total lack of scans and 2 weeks late. I could accept one of those... on time no scans, oh well. Or it's late, but I can see exactly it's movement. But nothing?!?!?!

Incidentally, it did arrive Friday. Been playing it all weekend.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts