The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I still use CP expedited. And yes, there are delays and many days of no updates. But don't forget, once the package hits the Ontario CP hub traveling east or west there are delays. Very strict covid protocol and other related factors.
Everything has always arrived in perfect condition regardless of the package size.
Don't worry, your axe will arrive

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Well, I guess it testifies you did mail something to the buyers and, later on, that it has been dropped at the buyer's door. The blackhole in between could be a little nerve racking : Last week I lost the Gibson L-1 in the mysterious black hole from Montreal until it reappered in Edmonton... out for delivery.

I shipped more than a dozen of acoustics with Canada Post over the last ten years and never encountered any problem.

·
Registered
7,093 Posts
I’ve ordered 3 or 4 things from the L&M warehouse in Pickering this year delivered to my office in Downsview. Items shipped by end of the day from L&M and canada post took 2 days to deliver so three days all in. The tracking was accurate, showed pickup, arrival at depot and delivery eta and out for delivery etc. I don’t give a rats ass about canada post but their service was pretty good in my recent experience. That said though the distance from Pickering to Downsview isn’t far. L&M was pretty good too; the stuff went out same day.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
You know someone is a laid back fu**kin guy when they choose Canada Post lol.

USPS can get a flamethrower from Baton Rouge to Chicago in 14 hours. Canada post takes possession and it sits in Mississauga until Christ comes back and it shows up to a house that 8 new people have raised families and died in after you moved out.
They’re only better than UPS/FedEx/DHL.
Kinda like herpes is better than syphilis

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
One time I ordered some thing through Canada Post...

Oh.. you thought there was more to the story than that?? LMAO!!

buddy.. in another 6 years I’ll let you know how this story ends.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Early on in the pandemic I ordered a small amp head shipped via CP. I called when the tracking info wasn't making sense... They said because they are overwhelmed they are not scanning at all stops as usual. Especially at the infamous Mississauga depot, seems like they skip scanning it a lot nowadays then suddenly one day status is "out for delivery".

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
It's irritating waiting for things. On the plus side, Canada Post has not let me down since they lost something about 15 years ago. I ship and receive a boatload of stuff throughout the year.
I think they have never been busier and are working under some of the most tense and awful conditions in the history of the corporation.
So while you sit in your covid free home, staring out the window waiting for something to arrive, maybe think about the poor person who has to work all masked up in an insanely busy postal sorting facility and thank God you are not them.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
What is the use of a tracking system that only shows you the day the package was dropped off with them and then nothing else other than a delivery date estimate which they say is just a guess?
Their online service...
Their tracking numbers?
Their delivery routes?
Hard to pick one

I have no idea why, you pay for expedited shipping, but they arent "offering" it due to delays...they'll take your money for a service they dont provide

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
The online tracking system only works as well as the people actually inputting the information. The 'system' is great, the human component of that system....wellllll, not so much.

John
thegrumpyoldman

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Sometimes its just luck of the draw perhaps? I have had absolutely no issues with their service. In fact, they are doing a great job for what I have shipped at this point.

For example as proof...I shipped out some pickups to Mark in Ottawa on the 14th. It is now the 16th and they are there ready for him to pickup at the post office. That was actually faster then the Priority shipping indicated. I will say that the Stoney Creek depot and Mississauga depot are where everything gets held up usually. There is an awful lot going in and out of those facilities.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Service was sketchy over the holidays both delivery times and updates but since late January, my experience sending stuff Ottawa to Kelowna has been as it should be.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Don't get me started!! Its like rolling the dice each time I send something as to when the parcel actually gets there...
Right now I'm waiting on an item that arrived at the main postal station on Monday, scheduled for flex delivery to the local PO Wednesday, and now the tracking update is "Expected delivery: Item delayed — stay tuned for updates".

·
Registered
414 Posts
What is the use of a tracking system that only shows you the day the package was dropped off with them and then nothing else other than a delivery date estimate which they say is just a guess?
package dropped off by sender ... package rec'd at XXX little town ... package in transit ... package delivered to THE BRAMPTON ON SORTING FACILITY

and you don't need to go any further than that. you know right then that you may as well re-order it has entered the time warp that is the Brampton sorting plant and some time in 2024 you may get it

j

·
Premium Member
6,256 Posts
the USPS tracking system isn't much either. It usually consists of a note the package left the vendor, another for it arriving at the closest USPS major center, and then nothing more ever.

Canada Post sends me notification at each step and then tells me when the package has been delivered. That's pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
package dropped off by sender ... package rec'd at XXX little town ... package in transit ... package delivered to THE BRAMPTON ON SORTING FACILITY

and you don't need to go any further than that. you know right then that you may as well re-order it has entered the time warp that is the Brampton sorting plant and some time in 2024 you may get it

j
All of the sorting facilities are like that, it doesn't matter where. Thus far, things are moving much better then they were over the holidays. I've had stuff delayed in T.O. and Stoney Creek for a week before they even moved.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The last couple of months Canada post has been terrible. To note, Tracking not updating, a stolen delivery, 7 business days to deliver a guitar 4 hours away...the list goes on...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah.. the actual delivery service. Any time they deliver to me there's like a 70% chance my stuff ends up at the building down the street.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts