The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
It depends on what service you get. Standard package delivery has a 'Delivery Notification' number that may or may not provide some travel details. Now, Xpresspost and up should be more precise. I've had little issues with CP in all the years I've been shipping stuff... YMMV...

Reactions: Stephenlouis

·
Premium Member
17,935 Posts
Tracking is helpful in terms of observing major milestones like clearing customs and entering one country or another, but it's never up to speed.

The best I've seen so far believe it or not is Ontario Cannabis Supply.
Order today, and your order arrives within three days.

I get a text letting me know that it will arrive today, then I get one saying they're an hour away, and then one final one saying they're five minutes away so be ready with your id.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
It's not the greatest, but I still find them better than the "big three" in overall satisfaction.

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
The best I've seen so far believe it or not is Ontario Cannabis Supply.
Order today, and your order arrives within three days.

I get a text letting me know that it will arrive today, then I get one saying they're an hour away, and then one final one saying they're five minutes away so be ready with your id.
I didn't know they had their own shipping compagny. I'm pretty sure SQDC uses Canada Post.

·
Premium Member
17,935 Posts
I didn't know they had their own shipping compagny. I'm pretty sure SQDC uses Canada Post.

They use Domain Logistics and they have been quietly dialing their service and prices in while all the rest of the world has been going to hell.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Works for me.

·
Premium Member
5,045 Posts
I use that tracking a lot. I would say 80% of the time, it's been helpful and accurate. I'd rather have it shipped through CP than Fedex or UPS unless it's really a high priced item because of the extra charges.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It got both better and worse today. Today was the estimated delivery date. The bad news is that it didn't make it. The good news is that they finally updated the tracking page today. It has arrived in Montreal. So at least I now know where it is. The problem is that I'm in Halifax, so it still has a ways to go.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
my last parcel landed in vancouver then arrived in Mtrl, shipped to TO , shipped to Ottawa ... (3 weeks)
then disappeared from the face of the earth.
all further calls to CP were met with ... "it's on its way , call us back if you don't get it soon"
3 months later I called the original shop and asked for a refund ... and got it , no problems.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my last parcel landed in vancouver then arrived in Mtrl, shipped to TO , shipped to Ottawa ... (3 weeks)
then disappeared from the face of the earth.
all further calls to CP were met with ... "it's on its way , call us back if you don't get it soon"
3 months later I called the original shop and asked for a refund ... and got it , no problems.
Hopefully it won't go those lengths in this instance ... but I am certainly old enough to remember when Canada Post was considered a national menace.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Bought two guitars this week shipped in two separate boxes, dropped at the same post office in Ontario at the same time. One landed in Halifax last night, the other one is in Dieppe New Brunswick.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts