1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Even worse with technicolor D'Addarios. IMO. :D

·
Registered
10,018 Posts
Do they not change the way tension is distributed at the bridge? From downward through the bridge to straight across the soundboard? I don't know the actual installation but it also looks like they might be able to twist in the pin hole from the string tension.

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Acoustic guitar stuff is getting like golf stuff - all kinds of dumb things to improve your swing. Saw some kind strap device that goes round your head and attaches to the back of your belt so you will sit up straight when you play - Neil Young needs one of those.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Well, does it change the insertion angle of the strings ?
Steep angle increases string pressure on the bridge and the sound volume while flatter angle hampers it.

Putting some 50$ on each of my guitars would lead me to as much money as another used guitar... :-(

·
Registered
10,018 Posts
Well, does it change the insertion angle of the strings ?
Steep angle increases string pressure on the bridge and the sound volume while flatter angle hampers it.

Putting some 50$ on each of my guitars would lead me to as much money as another used guitar... :-(
I thought about that. The only thing I see is that they add mass (metallic at that) like the headstock clamps that were somewhat popular a while ago that claimed to increase sustain.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Ugly, yes.

The added mass to the bridge might give the illusion of better tone, or actual better tone, at certain frequencies, but I doubt it works across the entire range. Regardless of its real or perceived benefits, they won't change my standard advice to buy a good all solid wood acoustic guitar that sounds great right out of the gate. As for making string changes easier, since when was changing strings on a pin bridge hard, ferchristsake?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts