28 - Winnipeg, MB, CANADA - Bell MTS Place
30 - Edmonton, AB, CANADA – Rogers Place
31 - Calgary, AB, CANADA - Scotiabank Saddledome

September 2019
03 - Vancouver, BC, CANADA - Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Just got tix to the August 30th show in Edmonton. Saw them when they played the old Northlands for the very first time in '83. Not going to miss this one where they play Rogers for the 1st time in Edmonton. Going to be my 6th Maiden show here. Thought I'd get at least one of the Beast Numbers in! Has to mean something....right? Every one of the shows has been spectacular. I'm pumped. It's on a Friday too!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Last time I saw them was almost 20 years ago. Copps Coliseum in Hamilton. Dio opened for them.

I'm going to this next summer.

For the shows at Budweiser stage, I'll probably check Stub Hub shortly before the concert. I got a ticket to see Slayer that way and it was $9.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I saw this show in the UK at the 02 in August. My thoughts -

I really hate to say it but in reality it won't be that long before the option to go see Maiden in a big production (and other great live bands for that matter) will be gone.

I'm lucky to have seen them multiple times since '82 and appreciate their continued down to earth attitude, and total lack of 'celebrity' status. Their tours are more extensive than ever - and I think that speaks for itself concerning their global fan base. This is a band who won't be lowering their tuning and shortening their shows to only 'hit' tunes just so they can keep circling the globe or taking a Vegas residency. Bruce is the youngest at 60, Nicko the eldest at 66. The physical dedication required to do what they do can only last so long. I love the Stones music too - but this aint a Stones performance.

I went to see Purple / Priest in Hamilton a few weeks later. Both bands are still favourites and played excellent shows to an estimated 8000 attendees in the half arena concert setting. I was on the younger end of the age range at 50. Maiden 02 crowd was 15000. And as ever the front row was 16 years old, with the age increasing the further back from the stage. Families filled the stands. It's not a fluke of them being on home turf, that's the way it always is. It's simply a great atmosphere for everyone involved.

If you're thinking about going to see them - go.
If you've seen them before - go.
If you've never seen them - go.

Coincidentally my avatar here is me next to Bruces' Fokker DR1 he fly's with The Great War Display Team in the UK.

Daz

·
Registered
572 Posts
I saw them at the amphitheatre in 04 or 05. It was incredible. They were promoting a compilation of the early stuff and played nothing newer than Fear of the Dark. Lots of tasty deep cuts like Die With Your Boots On and Murders in the Rue Morgue. Murray's live tone for his solo on Phantom of the Opera is the best I've ever heard. A not at all famous at the time Mastodon opened up.

You should probably go.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Just got back from Maiden. 6th time the charm. Fantastic sound and concert yet again. Bruce has lost nothing. Murray went a little improve crazy which was cool. Super loud crowd. Basically doubled the volume level in the house. Ears are still ringing. I'm pumped.

·
Registered
15,769 Posts
Seen them three times & was out of town of r their last local show.

Reactions: Dorian2

·
Registered
66 Posts
I saw them at the amphitheatre in 04 or 05. It was incredible. They were promoting a compilation of the early stuff and played nothing newer than Fear of the Dark. Lots of tasty deep cuts like Die With Your Boots On and Murders in the Rue Morgue. Murray's live tone for his solo on Phantom of the Opera is the best I've ever heard. A not at all famous at the time Mastodon opened up.

You should probably go.
I was there in 05. They played only the first 4 albums. Lots of DiAnno songs. Couldn't have asked for a better set.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts