The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So in my messing around with amp sim software, I stumbled across one that really speaks to me. It's an ipad app with 5 Mesa Boogie models, and as an extra bonus, a drum looper. I had my laptop in mind, but I think I will borrow the wife's mini and try this out. It looks like the iRig HD comeswith Amplitude 4 product key to boot.

IK Multimedia | AmpliTube Mesa/Boogie for iPhone and iPad

So my question is, is there anything to know or watch for buying an iRig and will all of them work with the blueboard?

Also, I know the blueboard can take a pedal for modeled expression pedal control, but can I use one as a standard wah also?

And I assume the blue board needs to be used with an iRig?

Lastly, is an iPad going to limit what I can do with this software? Again I'm not a tech guy
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,239 Posts
I use the irig a lot. The simple one for adapting the 1/4" jack to the iPhone. Then I also have the fantom powered XLR interface. That one is awesome. Especially for videos and condenser mic appiocations.

I've only used it for GarageBand and multitrack recording. Probably done 200 songs.

If your looking in that direction lmk and we can meet up and discuss.

Ciao

Btw first class avatar.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use the irig a lot. The simple one for adapting the 1/4" jack to the iPhone. Then I also have the fantom powered XLR interface. That one is awesome. Especially for videos and condenser mic appiocations.

I've only used it for GarageBand and multitrack recording. Probably done 200 songs.

If your looking in that direction lmk and we can meet up and discuss.

Ciao

Btw first class avatar.
That's great, thanks very much and I appreciate that offer.

I'm not looking to do anything Pro with it at this time, so I think probably a basic iRig will work. (Only need guitar input) I just want to be sure I'm not limiting myself to find a blueboard won't work if I pick that up later.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I tried the original iRig (along with iPad app), and it's in a drawer of crap. You can have it if you like. I'll mail it to you. I hope iRig HD is much better than the original.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Odd, I've used my iRig a number of times and found it to work quite well and not noisy at all. I generally run my regular pedalboard in front and just dial up a clean amp platform for practicing or headphone jamming with friends.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
There are ones that plug into the headphone jack, those are bad, very noisy.

The ones that plug into the dock are much better.

The one I have has three cables and can plug into the lightning or 30-pin dock and also plugs into a computer, USB.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried the original iRig (along with iPad app), and it's in a drawer of crap. You can have it if you like. I'll mail it to you. I hope iRig HD is much better than the original.
That's great of you to offer, however I think I'm seeing a pattern with not only yours, but the others comments too. Since this thread, I found a iRig vs iRig HD comparison and it appears to be night and day
(kind of a hokey vid, but the sound quality differences are quite different)
I have the original irig with the free app and it can be used for practice but it's super noisy. I don't know the newest version but the one I have I don't recommend.
There are ones that plug into the headphone jack, those are bad, very noisy.

The ones that plug into the dock are much better.

The one I have has three cables and can plug into the lightning or 30-pin dock and also plugs into a computer, USB.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The lightning to USB 3 Camera adapter allows you to have an accessory and still plug into power.

Not cheap.

Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
One of the big things I don't like about Apple is the proprietary nonsense. From power cords to iTunes. I cannot stand iTunes whatsoever. Probably why I never considered software for the iPad to begin with... but hey, it's there I may as well try it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts