The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you don't think guitars are investments, then what is? Money in the bank gives ridiculously low yields. Criptocurrency tanked and people lost tons. Stocks are tanking as the world's global economy is ravaged by the special military operation.

So are there investments worth investing in?

(I'm thinking arms manufacturing shares must me going up)

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
If you don't think guitars are investments, then what is? Money in the bank gives ridiculously low yields. Criptocurrency tanked and people lost tons. Stocks are tanking as the world's global economy is ravaged by the special military operation.

So is there an investment that is worth investing in?

(I'm thinking arms manufacturing shares must me going up)
I'm still contributing to mutual funds. I figure buying in low is a deal once the market rebounds. Its all a gamble.

·
Premium Member
17,156 Posts
Ammunition for guns that you can buy downtown TO for next to nothing.
You'll need it to protect you/family when shit hit's the fan.

Reactions: Wardo

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I have a couple of field howitzers that I'm gonna unload when the price is right.
How much? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: greco

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
8,939 Posts
How much? Asking for a friend.
Shipping is gonna be a big so probably pick up only in Toronto and with the hand gun ban these should sell quickly although one of them is missing the muzzle brake so doesn't look as cool when you fire it off. May have to discount that one.

·
Occasional CEO
My Superstrat
2,119 Posts
So are there investments worth investing in?
Yourself. Investing in yourself is always a good thing. Develop and foster new useful/marketable skills, and further cultivate the ones you already have. Best investment ever. 👍

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have instruments hanging on my wall, that I have purchased in the last 10 years, that have already gone up in value. I've made money. I'm still buying guitars. Gibsons, Taylors, Martins, all good American makes people will always want. Pick the right models and you're gold.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Anything one buys with the intent of making a profit with time is an investment. It may turn out to be a horrible investment, but that doesn’t negate the fact that a guitar could indeed be one.

At the very least, I can noodle some blues on a blackguard tele while its value wildly fluctuates, which I wouldn’t be able to do with a rolex, gold bar or plot of land.

·
Premium Member
5,056 Posts
Anything one buys with the intent of making a profit with time is an investment. It may turn out to be a horrible investment, but that doesn’t negate the fact that a guitar could indeed be one.

At the very least, I can noodle some blues on a blackguard tele while its value wildly fluctuates, which I wouldn’t be able to do with a rolex, gold bar or plot of land.
And the prices of Rolex’s are dropping like a rock…

Rolex Watch Prices Fall Due To Crypto Crash, Supply Is Now Greater Than Demand

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Pointing to “macro/recessionary concerns,” National Bank Financial analyst Adam Shine thinks the Street’s expectations for VerticalScope Holdings Inc. (
FORA-T -1.37%decrease

) are too high and are “likely poised for more pruning” after Corus Entertainment Inc. (
CJR-B-T -2.77%decrease

) warned of a “meaningful softness” in advertising earlier this month.

“We tend to skew above Street estimates based on our assumptions for M&A done by the company over the past year and related to future acquisitions as management works through its pipeline of targeted deals,” he said. “Heading into 3Q reporting which is nearly two months away, we had been expecting revenues of $21.3-million and Adj. EBITDA of $10.0-million, including respective M&A contributions of $6.1-million and $3.1-million. Consensus currently sits at $20.7-million for revenues and $8.7-million for Adj. EBITDA.
“Roughly 10 days ago, Corus [Sector Perform, Target $3.25] warned about its 4Q22 (August FYE) performance and highlighted material reductions in its TV ad sales in the near term. This being early reactions by marketers to the prospect of consumers cutting back spending as well as a focus on their bottom lines to close out 2022. Taking a cue from this and evolving macro headlines that are increasingly turning more somber, we further trimmed our annual estimates, with our 3Q revenues moving down to $19.4M and Adj. EBITDA to $7.2-million. Besides reducing growth rates for digital advertising and e-commerce, we also reset margins lower 2022-2024 and scaled back M&A spending in 3Q and 4Q this year to $1-million and $8-million, respectively, from $10-million and $12-million.”
Mr. Shine also thinks several of Verticalscope’s ongoing initiatives, including its Fora mobile application and efforts to improve user experience & engagement. “appear more poised for traction next year.”
After reducing his financial forecast, he cut his target for the Toronto-based company’s shares to a Street-low $19 from $22, keeping an “outperform” recommendation. The average is $24.17.
“The stock appeared to find a 2022 bottom just below $7.50 ahead of 2Q reporting in August with a brief doubling thereafter, but renewed pressure across capital markets is now likely to be exacerbated by a resetting of estimates,” said Mr. Shine. “As such, FORA’s summer lows could possibly get retested over coming months before a more sustainable recovery might ensue in 2023, subject to the severity and length of the anticipated recession next year.”

1 - 20 of 32 Posts