The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last my telecaster is done . What started in March has finally became a finished product . I was shocked when it came back from getting the pickguard fitted. My choice for pickups are way off . The neck pickup has way more power than the bridge pickup. But I do like the bridge pickup sound good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good, congrats!

You could try and adjust the neck pickup lower, that might help a bit.
Is need to find a router for that to happen. I didn’t know the arms on a normal Humbucker is longer than a wr pickup . Doh

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't punish about not knowing this.

Some are long and some are short on 'normal' humbuckers.

@sulphur 's suggestion is certainly worth a try if someone can deepen the route for you.
Hey for a first build slot more could of went wrong lmao .

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
I can't see the image. Is it just me?

·
Registered
18,563 Posts

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Is need to find a router for that to happen. I didn’t know the arms on a normal Humbucker is longer than a wr pickup . Doh

A hand drill and a forsner bit might give you some space for the pickup ears without having to track down a router.........nice job on your guitar

·
Premium Member
17,602 Posts
A hand drill and a forsner bit might give you some space for the pickup ears without having to track down a router.........nice job on your guitar
Just be sure that you get a Forstner bit...and be VERY careful that you don't go too deep...Go Slowly!

A drill press would be better to use than a hand drill.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts