The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few weeks ago I was showing my friends in my old town my telecaster I built . Mean while the lady from the paper was so fascinated with my tele she asked me if she could do an interview about it . I must admit I think I lost her in the terminology and stuff . She asked what made me want to build a telecaster custom ? I had to think then I went on and explained. I met a guy he collected guitars he had every thing from 1930 Gibson’s to brand new guitar. And on his wall he had an original 73 telecaster . He passed me it and said “ try it jared” well the rest was history . The sound of that tele was like magic just had me hooked. I went on and explain he had it for sale and it sold before I could get the cash and I kind of really got discouraged about this happening . And that the reissues are now over a grand . There is always gonna be one thing or another you will figure out you won’t like about your guitar and will change. And I didn’t like the colours fender offered . And so on and so on . She went on and asked what challenges I had to deal with . And I said well the guitar normally comes with a wide range pickup were mine didn’t . I had to explain the difference between the two then went on I learned it was much more tedious work,how every hole every dot had to exact or it won’t work properly . Then she asked about my favourite era of guitars were . That was simple I responded “ simple cbs era fender” god I love all the quacky stuff cbs did to fender. The new models and I listed a few from that time .but mostly my fascination of the different model of telecaster . And so on and so on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Then she asked about my favourite era of guitars were . That was simple I responded “ simple cbs era fender” god I love all the quacky stuff cbs did to fender. The new models and I listed a few from that time .but mostly my fascination of the different model of telecaster . And so on and so on
Good on ya for being the contrarian. Going with what you've experienced vs what the internet wants to pump into your brain. That doesn't happen much anymore.

·
Premium Member
18,787 Posts
Congratulations!

Looking forward to reading (by a link) the story the reporter writes.

Will it have a picture of you and/or your guitar?

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congratulations!

Looking forward to reading (by a link) the story the reporter writes.

Will it have a picture of you and/or your guitar?
Yes a picture of me the tele and my amp . Also s brief story on my Mesa

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good on ya for being the contrarian. Going with what you've experienced vs what the internet wants to pump into your brain. That doesn't happen much anymore.
No reason to lie really . And I don’t see what the big deal with cbs fender. They tried to be different in many years. Stepped out of a rut that was going on for almost 20 years . Some times a change is good . I think a lot of the reason so many people dislike cbs is because they dared to be different and in conventional .

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Excellent!

Congratulations!

I was able to read the full-size version of the pic.
I was at a family gathering and my grand father was telling every one about the guitar . And my grandmother asked me why

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Hey, cool story Silver. BTW, you did a real decent job on the build.

Reactions: silvertonebetty

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not to take anything away from the great job you did, but this is a testament to the brilliance of the Telecaster design.
Yes simple old work horse .i wanted to try something deferent on my next one but I didn’t feel comfortable on do such yet . I don’t know enough to go changing stuff. I admire those who have weird pickup combination in their tele builds. But some day I might get a saw and cut one out myself . But for now living in a apt this is the easiest way go.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts