The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Seems like a grounded guy. That interview leaves me feeling hopeful for Gibson for the first time in several years.

Reactions: Milkman and greco

·
Registered
18,577 Posts
Many said similar things about Henry when he took over. Talk is cheap and the CEO is only part of the company. Time tells the truth. For the sake of the employees who work there, I hope they do well and keep making those great acoustics.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
The CEO heads up the company, provides the leadership. If he's got what it takes and truly impresses consumers of Gibson's venerable brand after several years of missteps, it can't help but filter down. Be positive!

·
Registered
18,577 Posts
The CEO heads up the company, provides the leadership. If he's got what it takes and truly impresses consumers of Gibson's venerable brand after several years of missteps, it can't help but filter down. Be positive!
Yes, it is very good to be positive. However, at the same time, we need to be realistic.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts

·
Registered
18,577 Posts
Yes, it is very good to be positive. However, at the same time, we need to be realistic.
The Global market, increasing pressure from Asia, newer players having less loyalty to the "brand" and many other factors are affecting the whole music industry, including Gibson. It appears the CEO that got picked was a good choice but in today's market, nothing is a sure thing. That is why I said in an earlier post that time is what tells the truth. No one has the inside guaranteed scoop on what the future will bring to Gibson and other mfrs. for that matter.

·
Registered
12,121 Posts
That applies to damn near everything.
You are at a "death and taxes" level with that statement.
yea, the business prowess of capt. Steadly Obvious. he could have been a great man if he didn't melt his brain with LSD

we were due for a Gibson thread taking a fun turn with his involvement, especially around namm. nice, I hope it gets better. someone please keep egging him on

·
Registered
18,577 Posts
That applies to damn near everything.
You are at a "death and taxes" level with that statement.
Yes, that is correct. In the global economy of today, things change quickly, like GM and Chrysler going out of business and Gibson brands going bankrupt, although that one we saw coming for a few years.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts