The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Interview with a Hypocrite

541 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Ship of fools 
#1 ·
Anyone still use fuckface-book... hahaha, I deleted mine 10 year ago cuz I saw this coming from miles away!!!!

#2 ·
i think the more pressing concern is the amount of people who pour every little detail of their lives into a free to use site like facebook and expect even the slightest bit of privacy. I use it for its fantastic messenger service which can 100% replace the need for a cell phone as long as you're on wifi. No long distance calls on the internet. I also post cute pics of the family for distant relatives to enjoy. But do i fill out the questionnaires and give them more personal info than i'd feel necessary to include in an autobiography? No sensible person would. I think thats the bigger suppository to shove for a lot of americans, they're slowly realizing how stupid they are (or have been)

#5 ·
There is already a video of Alexa and a parrot. The human asks what is on her shopping list and Alexa says - strawberries. The human says next? Alexa says strawberries. The human then asks for the next few items and goes something like - strawberries, strawberries, strawberry yogurt. Frickin hilarious. And you can hear the human giggling in the background. So, for all of you who own parrots - keep them away from Alexa.

#7 ·
Well aren’t you a cool one? ;)

It’s easy to use it and keep from oversharing. If you put everything about you online, expect people to know about your life. If you want to have some measure of privacy, don’t share every detail of your existence.

If someone is dumb enough to take the content they see at face value due to what Cambridge Analytica did, then they deserve to be manipulated.

#10 ·
Zuckerberg handles things terribly. eg. the fake news stuff re: election.

I was a shareholder a couple years ago, but I gave up on the company and sold my shares at break even...the stock went for a run afterwards, but it was never a company I wanted to be involved with again.
I have a FB profile, but I go on it maybe once every week or 2. Not because I'm too cool for school, but because I find it boring. my kid likes to go on it with me because I subbed to some joke feeds like lolwot...shes too young to understand it isn't FB content, and she'd be just as happy if we went directly to those sites.

#11 ·
And this is why I never did sign up and why more need to go private and even then if they work hard enough I am sure they could mine your info and photo's and how you feel about things so I guess he may loose a billion or two big deal really to many dumb folks out there just don't get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.