The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for something I can play with just chords so it sounds full and great. I am practicing alot of picking but I just want something that sounds exciting that I can just strum out to but also sound good. I've been trying to create my own sound but I'm not satisfied with it yet lol. Any suggestions or links to cool videos is appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
I'm looking for something I can play with just chords so it sounds full and great. I am practicing alot of picking but I just want something that sounds exciting that I can just strum out to but also sound good. I've been trying to create my own sound but I'm not satisfied with it yet lol. Any suggestions or links to cool videos is appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Try Sympathy for the Devil.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
The greatest rhythm advance for me has been learning to harmonize chords to four parts from three. (And also, go chromatic with the diminished chords.)

This not only opens up your ears to more interesting melody possibilities, but...

It also opens the door to chord sustitution which adds yet more interest, and can make fancy chording much easier. This flexibility and ease could also...

Enable you to mix single note basslines into your chording.

Although the tendency is to imagine jazzy-sounding music at first, with a bit of practice you can adapt your techniques to any style you want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts