The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visited my buddy Phil Bova yesterday, and came home with a bunch of pedals to fix. The big box Electric Mistress sounds fabulous again. The big box Deluxe Memory Man is close to working again, and the EHX Micro-Synth will take a little while longer. But included in the box o' stuff was an old Korg Mr. Multi. This is an interesting little pedal. Fundamentally, it is a 4-stage phaser, but it also does wah and what Korg called "double wah". Some folks think the double wah sounds like the Ludwig Phase II. I think it sounds a bit like the Schaller Yoy-yoy pedal.

The interesting part is that it can function as an LFO-operated circuit, where the foot-treadle controls the modulation speed, much like a Uni-Vibe, or you can set it to manual, where the foot treadle directly controls the phase shift and wah functions, like a wah-wah pedal. This particular one is missing the gear that fits on the speed pot, so I'll have to order one. I've installed an external power jack, so far, but it appears one can also mod it to adjust the sweep width when it is on the "auto" mode.

·
Registered
24,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wah->fuzz vs. fuzz->wah debate is a near eternal one. The first is a little more expressive, but the second is a little more dramatic, because it removes all those harmonics that the fuzz has generated.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,113 Posts
Frig @mhammer , now I want one. Thanks for the Saturday morning GAS :(

·
Registered
24,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My buddy JC Maillet, out on Saltspring Island has dissected it and posted hand-drawn schematics. The phaser part is nothing special, but the double-wah is relatively unique, and an interesting sound. I'll have to see if it can be easily separated from the rest of the circuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts