The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Interesting new offerings from Fender

1K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  fretzel 
#1 ·
Hats off to Stan. His oversight of their pedal line brings in some really usable features.

#16 ·
They sound cold, sterile, and uninspiring to me.

Feel free to flame away, but that's what my ears tell me. Maybe they'd sound different in person? They just don't do it for me.
Absolutely no reason to flame. If you don't like the sound, you don't like the sound. I asked, and you answered. I've heard plenty of pedals that made me wonder what all the fuss was about. You're no different.

#17 ·
Absolutely no reason to flame. If you don't like the sound, you don't like the sound. I asked, and you answered. I've heard plenty of pedals that made me wonder what all the fuss was about. You're no different.
And has there ever been a time when we've been this inundated with pedals?

With so many pedals out now all doing generally the same thing, they just seem to be becoming more generic by the day. Yeah, more options, great.

I suspect a lot of people who buy these pedals will flip them almost immediately, and Fender will discontinue the entire line in no more than two years.

#18 ·
I was actually going to post that I thought there was a lot of "me too" at NAMM this year. There were a couple of things that I found interesting (mostly Behringer's synth stuff), but like yourself a lot of things just seemed repetitive. Even Earthquaker seems to have run out of ideas.

That's why I asked if we have reached "peak pedal".

Still, I think folks will likely hang onto those Fender pedals, unless they go full-on Kemper or Fractal. There is a degree of usability in the Fender pedals that many others lack, even though they may not sound particularly different. And who else has control knobs you can see in the dark?

#20 ·
I doubt that Fender is unique in discontinuing products in their catalog to make way for other things. Boss did that too, as did EHX, Line 6, and DOD/Digitech. Having spoken with Stan Cotey, I don't see Fender expanding the line to include, say, noise pedals, or things that make bizarre sounds. They covered the modulation turf this time out, so unless they start coming out with combo pedals like Truetone/Visual Sound did, using the same form factor as Fender's Downtown bass pedal, I'm guessing they've played their full hand with these and will ride them out for a few more years. I just wish they'd brought back the Runaway pedal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.