The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Thanks for the info Jeff
my issues are under control.
product listed was not available at m local L&M, only had the little thin enclosed plastic tub type that you jam between the strings at the sound hole.( apparently there is a "snake type" available but none in stock.)
Interestingly the unit includes a plastic schringe with the kit - I didn't buy it for the $15. - besides i didn't want to be stoped by the police with obvious musicians gear and a schringe to boot - LOL)
cheers
RIFF

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
I certainly would try it. I'm not sure if it would be able to keep up with the low winter humidity in my house. I use two case humidifiers and a soundhole humidifer at the same time to keep it 45% in my case,

·
Registered
748 Posts
Wow, you guys are sure serious about your humiditiy.. i feel like a chump for waiting so long to get a humidifier for my place. It still could probably be better, but Its better than it was.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
flashPUNK said:
Wow, you guys are sure serious about your humiditiy.. i feel like a chump for waiting so long to get a humidifier for my place. It still could probably be better, but Its better than it was.
All it takes is having a brazilian rosewood guitar crack on you and your whole humidity world changes. :eek:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I use...

Zorb-it here in the everchanging weather patterns of the Miami shore. I have one in each case and during the wide humidity changes of a Florida winter from 35% to 71%, 40 degrees into the 80's in a day and a half, the guitars remain in the 50 - 55% range.

Technical info

Never needs replacing!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Humidity revelation

I had a guitar crack on me overnight in 1972. (Bitterly cold January) I never forgot it. I have monitored my humidity ever since.
Here's a good humidifier - possibly better than the Planet Waves.
<www.oasishumidifiers.com>

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've tried different humidifers and the best (and cheepest) for me to use is a simple sponge in a ziploc bag that has holes punched in it. It puts out a lot of humidity, so be careful using it. I won't use anything else.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
best invention ever!

now you don't have to do anything to maintain humidity.
I've been using it for a week and I'm thinking this is the best thing since sliced bread. Peace of mind knowing my humidity is exactly 45%. Easy to tell when they need to be replaced, they start harden up, until then they feel like gel packs.

No more filling up bought or home made humidifiers every 4 days in the dry Calgary winter.

:bow::bow:

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Do you have to keep the guitar in its case for this to work? Or can you put it in the sound hole and cover the sound hole?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have owned one for close to 2 months now. The gel has not gone solid on me yet and everytime I open the case to my Larrivee D-03, it feels great. Some people claim that the Humidipack brings back that "new guitar smell", but I wouldn't know what that smell would be like anyway. :smile:

One thing that I will say though is that the extra pouch provided with the kit to place underneath the headstock is GREAT! Before getting the Humidipack, the lower frets of my guitar were starting to feel sharp. I bought the Humdipack on the basis that Bob Taylor claimed in the product video that the extra pouch has the ability to revitalize dried necks. I placed the pouch underneath the neck right above the guitar's storage compartment and over the new few days, my guitar's frets are no longer sharp. :eek: I think this product is definitely worth getting, and buying replacement packs every few months is a small investment for maintaining a $1000+ acoustic.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts