The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends. Most of you probably know that I am not the acoustic type of player. My old FG403s is reserved entirely for campfires and parties.

Alas, a friend of mine talked me into forming an acoustic duo with him. So today I set about practicing, but I dont currently own an electric-acoustic guitar. Then I remembered that my mother gave me a single coil sound hole pickup for my Yammie 15 years ago, and I've never used it. So I plugged it into my 1x15 loaded 1975 Super Reverb.

Surprise, surprise. It sounded pretty dang decent, especially with a touch of reverb. I was amazed at how much I could shape the tone with the TMB stack on the amp. It had way more effect than it ever has with my electrics.

http://instagr.am/p/Bhh8eeiHaqWroppE3cHtmLUNGzV4Y73g8WSURo0/

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
It's due to the salt air of St. Margarets Bay drifting in and out of the sound hole.;)

Reactions: John Reilly

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hi cboutilier , i recently did the same thing with my Yamaki Deluxe Folk (1970) and a Kent (wc1b) hole pickup that my Mother gave me in 1966 through a fender super champ with a touch of reverb .It sounds so sweet . The Yamaki is nice on it`s own but this combination was a pleasant surprise . Steadfastly has a good point about the salt air , as they really poured the salt to the roads her this winter , lol :D .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts