The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just want to give you a warning about openly looking for someone on a 'luthiers' forum to build you guitar parts. I've seen this drag out and end terribly on another forum where a guy got ripped off because he had some 'internet luthier' build him a 'neck'. He sent the money, and the guy made hardly any progress on a piece of garbage that would have never worked and made NUMEROUS excuses over the course of a YEAR and ended up dissapearing with the poor guys money. It was a terrible disaster and I think changed the whole mood of the forum from that point on.

If you think you can get a body & neck built for cheap by a luthier I think you will be mistaken and should just check out Warmoth, Allparts, etc.

Don't mean to sound harsh, I just want you to be aware.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lowtones said:
Don't take advice from guys named Matt on the internet. Especially on guitar forums. :food-smiley-004:
What is that supposed to mean? Go to Project Guitar and do a search for 'Litchfield' and you will see what I mean. Check out THIS to see how it ended. All I'm saying is be cautious of who you have build you a neck and body if you meet them in a forum setting. Get references. There are alot of pro builders hanging out in Luthier areas of guitar forums, as well as amatuer builders looking for a first sale.

I agree a kit may also be a good choice, you get everything needed to finish the guitar (not the finish) if you were looking for that also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.